Bimmerfest BMW banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
161 - 180 of 12994 Posts

·
Needs Boost
12,109 Posts
Does that bill include water and everything?
For my house my electric is about $100 a month and my gas bill lately been about $160 a month.
No water is free.

:rofl: I would KILL for a $144 light bill.

Matt... sleep with one eye open :eeps:

Sorry, Matt..dollars to donuts it's the electric heat. From what I know, it's crazy expensive. Although, I've spent $1800 this winter on oil for the boiler, so maybe electric heat isn't so expensive after all.....

Oh, and Joey, thanks Mr Smart#ss :p
Lol but my apartment is tiny. It's a studio so it's an open room with a bathroom.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts

·
Insane in the membrane!
4,561 Posts
Do they have you on a budget? Meaning do they keep track of the electricity usage and make it an average so your bill every month is roughly the same? I don't know if they do that there, but I lived in places where they do, so if the previous owner usually uses a **** ton of electricity, then you end up paying a lot of money at the beginning, but it eventually tapers down and sometimes you would get a refund at the end of the year.

·
Registered
12,706 Posts
Sorry, Matt..dollars to donuts it's the electric heat. From what I know, it's crazy expensive. Although, I've spent $1800 this winter on oil for the boiler, so maybe electric heat isn't so expensive after all.....

Oh, and Joey, thanks Mr Smart#ss :throw:

Finally, Jesse, sorry to hear about the car. Hope you can make it stronger and faster.

Natural gas is cheapest per BTU, then oil, then bottled propane, then a big jump to electric if you have to do any continuous heating. Ours is an electric heat pump, but when the temperature gets below 40F it switch to heat strips. The electric meter bearings smoke when that kicks in. I too would kill for a $144 electric bill.

·
Jesse Moon Bayne
8,245 Posts
I have gas heat and gas water heater.

·
Insane in the membrane!
4,561 Posts
Stay gold pony boy!

·
some kid
10,495 Posts
A engineering staff member at RIT told me that the school's electrical bill is about one million per month... Heh. It's probably all the knobs like me that keep the heat set at 72+.

·
Jesse Moon Bayne
8,245 Posts
I'm pissed. That guy has that trunk and spoiler but said a guy supposed to come get it from out of state. I said I will bring you the $150 tonight and you are guaranteed the money. He told me he hasn't heard from the other guy for a few days.....

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts
A engineering staff member at RIT told me that the school's electrical bill is about one million per month... Heh. It's probably all the knobs like me that keep the heat set at 72+.
Wouldn't surprise me. I had first hand knowledge of a local sporting stadium's expenditures. They were spending between 600-800k average per month for electricity & natural gas.

C:\>Sent from my 386 using MS-DOS__

·
I feed trolls
4,977 Posts
Good it's been a super mild and dry winter here. Usually we get a bunch if snow since I'm just west of Tahoe but not much this year. I'm jelly of all the snow the rest of the country is getting. You still have the e36?

Yes I do :) Its in hibernation right now, in lou of a Chummins thats been a greedy cash *****. Im gonna get it running again for this summer though. And finish what I started a couple years ago (providing the job stays steady this time)

Since you're on here young Chad, find me a ZF6 Duramax!! CCSB please!
:rofl: Better luck finding Waldo my friend. But I will spread the word. What is your budget

You know I left the bank at the end of the year? I've actually been pretty scarce since then, it's really nice actually having something engaging to do.

And sadly, banker's hours are a notion from many years past. :( Some of our branches were even open 7 days a week! :p

C:\>Sent from my 386 using MS-DOS__
I am aware, saw it when I was lurking OT few weeks ago. What are you doing now?

And hey, at least those are steady hours. The worst is getting a call at 11pm saying "i need a tow" and because you're making 2/mile plus 50 hookup you go.

Tired of the lb7? Mine has 184000 on it now and I'm retiring it soon. I just picked up an f450 with the 6.7 powerstroke. Are you selling your truck?

You're gonna hate that. All new diesels suck. Stupid cow plss urea injection nonsense...

What are you doing with the dirty?

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
i dont like this being a sticky... throws me off.
+1 This thread was fine not being stickied and it should stay that way. I normally never look at the stickies.

·
Needs Boost
12,109 Posts
Yes I do :) Its in hibernation right now, in lou of a Chummins thats been a greedy cash *****. Im gonna get it running again for this summer though. And finish what I started a couple years ago (providing the job stays steady this time)

:rofl: Better luck finding Waldo my friend. But I will spread the word. What is your budget

I am aware, saw it when I was lurking OT few weeks ago. What are you doing now?

And hey, at least those are steady hours. The worst is getting a call at 11pm saying "i need a tow" and because you're making 2/mile plus 50 hookup you go.

You're gonna hate that. All new diesels suck. Stupid cow plss urea injection nonsense...

What are you doing with the dirty?
Really don't have a budget, since older Duramaxs with a 6 speed won't be that expensive. If I find a good one I'll try to sell mine for 16k or so. I'd be willing to fly about anywhere in the country and drive it back.

Plus one of new diesels, they have rediculous power but the urea injection sucks.

It went great, thanks. The interviewer really appreciated the skills that I have with cars. Unfortunately it'll be another 2-3 weeks before I hear back.

Nice!

·
I feed trolls
4,977 Posts
Really don't have a budget, since older Duramaxs with a 6 speed won't be that expensive. If I find a good one I'll try to sell mine for 16k or so. I'd be willing to fly about anywhere in the country and drive it back.

Plus one of new diesels, they have rediculous power but the urea injection sucks.

Nice!
Wide open, I might be able to work my magic for you :)

However LB7s and LLYs arent common at all even is RCLB w/ ZF6. You're better off buying a CCSB with an Allison, sell the Alli and swap in a ZF6. Its not hard to do I converted my truck from auto to manual, but you're gonna lose the center console. An Alli 1k can pull in some nice money - 2k or more

·
Registered
12,381 Posts
i sorta lost it tonight in public...first time in forever...

local downtown meeting thing that was a hen clucking session. not very productive, and nothing really seems to have progressed except passing of the buck and claiming things like "not my job" and whatnot...very frustrating because accountability seems to be not held in any sense of the word.

apparently though, retail is "dead", but the past 10+ years have been wonderful overall and the person in charge is still at the position of running the show even though things are circling the drain. minimal oversight apparently is not to be questioned, though, and nevermind that even a 15 year winning season coach will be getting canned if he winds up with a 2-11 season in his 16th year.

results need to be year to year, realistic, and within reason. however, trying the same old tired and worn out programs simply will not work. however, new ideas seem to be quashed with vigor and dismissed.

unfortunately the people 'running the show' do not quite get the demograhics of their target audience, and fail to realize that the little 'community' they think is so great is the laughing stock of the region.

of course when i bring up the topic of how this area is percieved i get confronted with a 'well who are you anyway" commentt hat just sent me into a tixzzy.

to say i went off would be an understatement.

i just about screamed that "i paint, i sketch, i draw, i sculpt, i weld, i can build your house and fix your car, and that's just for starters!!' who am i,....:tsk: i think i shook the meeting up a bit and stepped on some toes. not trying to, mind you, but if you do not have a passion for the arts then you need to get out of the way and get someone in there that does.

results are just simply not there.

sigh.....unfortunately my little town is losing businesses and nobody seems to be willing or able to do anything meaningful to try to stop the bleeding.:dunno:

frustrating....:mad:

df

161 - 180 of 12994 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.