Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 20 of 8444 Posts

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
I noticed the forum was slowing down again, but I am surprised it was OT’s fault. I assumed it was a different thread, OT is not even the biggest thread in the e36 section.

·
Speed is Zen
9,754 Posts
Woohoo! I got the last post on the last one. :thumbup:

Does seem like this one timed out a lot shorter than the original. Tim is there a particular post count you'd like us to self regulate these threads to? I hate that we've caused performance issues for the rest of the site twice now.

·
D'oh, You Kids!
29,154 Posts
Can't blame Chad for breaking the fest this time. He's never here.

I don't get it. There are several threads on other forums bigger than our second OT thread was. I'm certainly not complaining, just curious how it caused problems. The first OT thread was many times larger before it crashed the fest.

·
Registered
12,706 Posts
Maybe it's the massive thoughts and concepts expounded here that are weighing down the site....:)

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
So when this thread crashes what will the new thread be called? Theres not much beyond "newest"
This is a car forum, so I am guessing it will be like an odometer and roll over. The next OT will be "oldest". :rofl:

·
D'oh, You Kids!
29,154 Posts
Maybe it's the massive thoughts and concepts expounded here that are weighing down the site....:)
...........or the massive amount of BS. :dunno: :p :rofl:

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts
Can't blame Chad for breaking the fest this time. He's never here.
Yeah yeah yeah. Whatever. :p

Adding a baby to the already crazy mix with the girls has taken up most of my time, and I've been working a ton lately. Just got back from DC, sorry Jake & Joey we couldn't meet up.

·
Speed is Zen
9,754 Posts
Wheel Polishing Night #2

After Acid Stripping

After 90 minutes with 220 grit

Then I did another 90 minutes of 400, 800, 1000 and 2000 grit. Then did one pass with the powerball and some white diamond polish.

Once I finish sanding the other two I'll polish all four of them again for a second time and put a couple coats of sealant on them. They're far from perfect, but considering the condition I'm starting from I'd say its a pretty good turn around.

·
Jesse Moon Bayne
8,245 Posts
The newest OT thready haha. In other news my dad picked up 2 e36 project cars. Both are running and we drove them home. Silver 98 328is auto 152,xxx. Green 96 318i vert manual 230,xxx.
He also got a garage finally! He deserved it!

Attachments

·
Speed is Zen
9,754 Posts
Joey are those for your car or you're helping a friend? I dig em.
Buddy of mine is getting married, renovating his house, and trying to keep a Spec E46 track car in the game this summer, and is also trying to liquidate his street car collection. He's a mechanical genius but doesn't have the time or interest to do cosmetic work, and he hates selling cars, so we struck a deal.

He's putting a new motor in it, I'm handling all the cosmetic issues and I'm going to sell it. He gets the money he needs and hopefully I walk away with my pockets slightly fatter for my troubles.

So if anyone wants an E36 that grabs you by the scruff of the neck and drives you, stay tuned. I'm hoping to have it on the market in the next 3 weeks or so.

1 - 20 of 8444 Posts