Bimmerfest BMW banner

2941 - 2960 of 8444 Posts

·
Registered
12,381 Posts
ed!! welcome back newb....;):angel:

how ya been?? missed you around.

now all we need is jen back and teh Christmas miracle is complete....:p

merry Christmas guys and gals, be safe and ed,....watch them polar bearz....:eek::yikes::eeps:

df

·
D'oh, You Kids!
29,157 Posts
Here, too. Merry Christmas everyone!

·
The Canadian Prick.
12,984 Posts
The Abarth drivers are particularly smug around here like it's going out of vogue and it gives me guilty joy when I find one in front of my headlights to drop a cog, do a track style overtake and let them know their hierarchical position on the road when I'm with the M.
:cool:

Ok now is about the right time to freak out!!!
Half an hour after I posted this post, I received an email inviting me to join the ABARTH FAN CLUB.
Well, my Abarth has I think I've seen 2 Bimmers to 'compete' with. Mostly Matt Bender esque lifted Bro trucks.

Don't forget Ed has an Abarth.
Bingo ;) Thanks for remembering me Matt!

I DID forget! Haven't seen anything from him in a while.
:tsk:

Wonder where Ed is too, has it started snowing in Canada already?
Actually, we didn't get our first Fort Mac snow until mid-November!

When is it NOT snowing somewhere in Canada? :rofl:
Really weird weather here this winter. Finally hit 0*F here today. Last year we'd hit -40*F twice by now.

That sounds EXACTLY like my Dart right now. It's a turbo with a terrible auto that is ALWAYS in the wrong gear. Takes forever to get any movement.

I will say, at least Fiat/Chrysler figured out it up is pull and down is push.

The good news is I'll be picking up my E38 replacement Tuesday, along with possibly a few other things.....
I has a sad. :bawling:

Is anyone else slightly annoyed by the fact that our steering wheels are not square with our shoulders? I don't see why this was necessary.
:tsk: You think it's bad in an E36? Try an Abarth.

eesh, ken!!:eek::yikes: it's a wonder you didn't take out the radiator, much less the fan blade....

andrew, never ever considered such a thing before,.....maybe my shoulders aren't square as it never occurred to me?? :dunno:

can't wait to see what chad has added to his stable....:D

place yer bets, gentlemen,....:str8pimpi:bling::drive:

mrs df is working a double, so i am probably going out o get a bite to eat tonight. lots to do tomorrow, so not going to stay out too late....;):angel::eeps:
df
I couldn't wait to finish reading OT. I'm betting that twit got hisself another Audi.

:angel:

·
The Canadian Prick.
12,984 Posts
Well, here's the chance for all the old timers that know how much I talked down about the E90 to laugh at me. ;) Presenting the newest addition to my fleet.

2006 330i 6mt.
Monaco blue over black leather.
150k, great shape, tons of records, and very nicely optioned. Cold weather, Premium, and Sport packages plus nav, Bluetooth, satellite, and PDC.

It's actually quite a blast to drive, and gives me enough comfort for my daily commute. Ok, perhaps BMW knew what they were doing after all....
Huh. I think if you were to ask Kenny, he'd say an Audi would be a better idea. :dunno:

·
The Canadian Prick.
12,984 Posts
Don't hate!
No hating my friend, just stating that jaws tend to drop before I round corners. Then the head scratching and condused looks start.

"How'd all that noise come from such a small car?"
:angel:

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
There's a fun app for multiple car sounds....( supercars, Sports cars etc) just start the engine and connect the phone to a loud speaker set up and annoy the irritating neighbour... Lol

Attachments

·
The Canadian Prick.
12,984 Posts
Couldn't find one with any fewer pixels.

·
D'oh, You Kids!
29,157 Posts
Please check out the "Super Sticky" at the top of the forum. Gone are all eleven of the previous stickies, combined and linked in this one posting.

I left the OT thread and the "show off your E36" thread.

·
Registered
12,381 Posts
Please check out the "Super Sticky" at the top of the forum. Gone are all eleven of the previous stickies, combined and linked in this one posting.

what,...no cape for teh supah stickiez?? :mad:

cuz i akready haz tights....
:angel:;):p
df

·
Registered
12,706 Posts

I like it! Thanks for doing all the behind the scenes work to get that done Ken!

Going forward I'd suggest we encourage people to post their issues as new threads instead of adding onto the stickies. They'll be more likely to get a response to a new thread anyway and if there's a good lesson that comes out of a thread it can be towed into the appropriate DIY thread in The Super Sticky (TSS). Just my $0.02. :)

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Actually, we didn't get our first Fort Mac snow until mid-November!

Hiii Ed, glad to hear again from you.

Erm I had a favor to ask of you, it's job related if you want to help me out, I'll PM you when you let me know if you want to help.

Happy (late) Merry Christmas everyone.

Arrived this morning to Dallas, 23hr drive no issues and no traffic, it helped that we left on Christmas morning as just about everyone was opening presents.

I have plans to see two places I couldn't last year, and meet with some friends that moved down here. After that is all family time. I hope to hit a few junk yards too and see what I could find, specially some 96-99 M3 struts for Koni inserts, back in jersey everyone wants crazy money. Junk yards are much much less expensive here than back home so I can pick up a bunch of small parts and stuff.

This week will go fast, staying until New Years, have to be back for my sister's back to school.

I like the new super sticky thread, less clutter and makes searching easier, maybe if the links grow to be too many we could split them into categories. Good job Ken.

Lastly for anyone that has been in Boston, could you recommend a few places to see, I have some friends with their toddlers going up there so I thought I could pass on some suggestions for their trip.

2941 - 2960 of 8444 Posts