Bimmerfest BMW banner

3981 - 4000 of 8444 Posts

·
BMWCCA HPDE Instructor
23,448 Posts
My little brother Boo just committed to buy his first car. It's a manual 92 318is. I will post full details on Friday when we pick it up, but here is the high light of the car. It has a factory car phone. So cool.
Hope he wants to learn how to spin wrenches! :rofl::D

·
Insane in the membrane!
4,561 Posts
That would be pretty cool if you did it! Hopefully everything goes well

Problem is if I register and don't have my car, what the hell do I drive? I mean I could drive my Buick there but I'm certainly not competing in it.

·
Insane in the membrane!
4,561 Posts
I promised this didn't I.

Got rid of the worn off road tires and put on all four brand new stock tires for highway driving.
View attachment 557914
They look tiny.

New passenger side mirror, oil/air/fuel filters coming in.

Haha wow those DO look tiny!

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Does anyone remember when back in February I posted that the F150 was low on oil. Back then we set it off as it burning oil since there were no leaks to be found.

Well crazy thing is since then I topped it off to proper level and it hasn't dropped since. It still shows same level of oil. I'm stumped really.

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
Hope he wants to learn how to spin wrenches! :rofl::D
I don't think that was what he was planning, but it is probably going to happen now that I have my official helper.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Problem is if I register and don't have my car, what the hell do I drive? I mean I could drive my Buick there but I'm certainly not competing in it.
You could race the Buick haha. It may not be the fastest. If it's not ready you could ride with me but I'll probably have an instructor the first few times and I'm sure you could take rides with other people also

·
Insane in the membrane!
4,561 Posts
You could race the Buick haha. It may not be the fastest. If it's not ready you could ride with me but I'll probably have an instructor the first few times and I'm sure you could take rides with other people also
Haha yaaa, its not even because I don't want to with the Buick, I'll drive any car for fun, but I need to be gentle with the Buick and it already has some tranny issues. BUT dude! That would be awesome, you want to do doubles in your car???

·
BMWCCA HPDE Instructor
23,448 Posts
You will want to confirm that passengers are allowed ahead of time. Even in my advanced solo driver HPDE group, we are not permitted to have any passenger other than an instructor.

·
Insane in the membrane!
4,561 Posts
You will want to confirm that passengers are allowed ahead of time. Even in my advanced solo driver HPDE group, we are not permitted to have any passenger other than an instructor.
That's a good point Karl, I know in rsgular autox, SCCA is okay with passengers but that may not hold true for this event.

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
Looks like I spoke to soon on my little brother's car :(. The car was over 20 years old and in CT that means you don't need a title however in NY you need the tittle. So the dude does not have the title for the car which should not have been a big deal. To get a new tittle for the car all he would have had to do is go to the DMV fill out a short forum and give them $25. Unfortunately the dude absolutely refused to go to the DMV and without the tittle I can't buy the car. So the deal ended up falling through.

·
Registered
12,706 Posts
That's a good point Karl, I know in rsgular autox, SCCA is okay with passengers but that may not hold true for this event.
Looks like they generally follow SCCA rules including ride alongs.

http://www.tidewatersportscarclub.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=93&Itemid=283

This year SCCA relaxed their rules even further to encourage ride alongs. For our region, so long as you've made at least one competition run at speed (completed a full lap of the course for score), you can ride along even in your competition heat.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Looks like I spoke to soon on my little brother's car :(. The car was over 20 years old and in CT that means you don't need a title however in NY you need the tittle. So the dude does not have the title for the car which should not have been a big deal. To get a new tittle for the car all he would have had to do is go to the DMV fill out a short forum and give them $25. Unfortunately the dude absolutely refused to go to the DMV and without the tittle I can't buy the car. So the deal ended up falling through.

Damn that sucks.

Keep on searching.

Whoa, I never realized Rogue Engineering was right up in northern NJ, Upper Saddle River to be exact, I been up there for work, could have dropped by once tho.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
I'm not a huge fan of the Mercs of the last couple of decades, but today I drove shot gun with a colleague 's '15 Merc S class V8 Biturbo coupe and ofcourse the speed of this beast is implausible but it's the sound of the machine that is so incredible.
EVIL is the best way to describe it, so evil!! , think of how a Audi R8 V8 sounds but not so loud and with a much deeper frequency level of the burble.

·
BMWCCA HPDE Instructor
23,448 Posts
Oh yeah, the new Mercs made within the last year or two have been pretty great, and I like a number of their current lineup. The AMG GT is a sexy, sexy car.

3981 - 4000 of 8444 Posts