Bimmerfest BMW banner

4041 - 4060 of 8444 Posts

·
Insane in the membrane!
4,561 Posts
I grew up in East Lansing, but left the state in 2007 after finishing college.

You guys are probably right. I get a few bites every now and again, but it's invariably some idiot who asks "what's the lowest you will sell it for?", and then I point out the price listed in the ad, and then I never hear back from them.

Also, I don't want to break open my diff to sell the cover.

Eh, that's pretty low on my list. I don't have any plans for adding power at this point. Basically just going for handling, braking, durability, and safety. Then far down the road, I may start thinking seriously about building a 5.3L LM4 V8 to around 400whp. And honestly, although more power is always fun, there are many parts of my local tracks where it's pretty fun to have a lower powered car. Rather than being careful with the throttle, I can just pin it to the floor and hold on. It's the "driving a slow car fast" thing. This will be especially true now that I have r-comp tires. She's going to be stuck to the road like glue.
Understandable, but its a fun lil somethin somethin if you get that itch for a lil somethin somethin.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I do have a question any input would be most appreciated. I obtained this 318iS reasonably cheap and have been looking into a drivetrain swap. I located a M50B25 vanos engine with a Getrag 5 speed manual and the red label 413 DME and M50 trans harness for $900. My question is how easy will this potentially be or would it just be more worth my time to sell the 318 and buy a M50 car? :dunno: Thanks!

·
BMWCCA HPDE Instructor
23,452 Posts
Just buy a 6-cyl car. It's a lot of work for the uninitiated. You'd also have to upgrade the diff and driveshaft. There are a lot of little (and not so little) things that go into the process.

·
D'oh, You Kids!
29,230 Posts
...especially Germany, their best selling sports car.
Since when did a Mustang become a "sports car"? :rofl: :tsk:

·
D'oh, You Kids!
29,230 Posts

·
Insane in the membrane!
4,561 Posts
I do have a question any input would be most appreciated. I obtained this 318iS reasonably cheap and have been looking into a drivetrain swap. I located a M50B25 vanos engine with a Getrag 5 speed manual and the red label 413 DME and M50 trans harness for $900. My question is how easy will this potentially be or would it just be more worth my time to sell the 318 and buy a M50 car? :dunno: Thanks!
If your ultimate goal is an M50 then ya I would just buy a car that has one. However if your ultimate goal is going to be an S50/2/4/whatever then perhaps you're best just buying the cheapest shell you can, which might be a 318.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
December and January. So 3-4 months ago actually. Yeah it was terrible especially marching outside. But at least I went to Pensacola right after for about 2 months. The weather was super nice and warm

·
D'oh, You Kids!
29,230 Posts
You were 25 miles away and never even said hi. :(

·
Registered
12,711 Posts
Ick, you were in Michigan in November/December? That's the worst.
Naval Training Center - Great Lakes. A real relic from WWII (maybe even WWI ?), but the only Navy basic site currently in operation if memory serves me correctly. Recruits used to have a 50/50 chance between Orlando Naval Training Center or Great Lakes, but they closed NTCO in 1999. (NTC SanDiego closed in 1993.)

·
Registered
12,711 Posts
Any NBA fans here? I stayed up late to watch kobe Bryant put up 60 points in his final game. Sad day but awesome to watch him play great and win the game.
It's great that they let him shine his last game, but while the box score shows 60 points, nobody put up much defense when he had the ball. :)

·
Needs Boost
12,111 Posts
It's great that they let him shine his last game, but while the box score shows 60 points, nobody put up much defense when he had the ball. :)
I disagree, I think he was played well. Multiple times he was double teamed.

Utah was pissed because they barely missed the playoffs and wanted to win so they wouldn't have a losing season.

·
D'oh, You Kids!
29,230 Posts
Naval Training Center - Great Lakes. A real relic from WWII (maybe even WWI ?),
My mom was in the WAVES in WW2 and took basic at Great Lakes. Went from there to New York of further training, and then to Norfolk for the duration.

4041 - 4060 of 8444 Posts