Registered
12,706 Posts

·
Needs Boost
12,109 Posts

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
The new 330e (plug in electric hybrid) is certainly an impressive piece of kit with an 'electric mode only' range of 25 miles it's adequate for most people's daily commute which means you'll be visiting the gas station probably once a month,

BUT HERE'S MY QUERY, if you can bare with me for a moment,
Its hardware is the petrol motor used in the 320i producing 182bhp coupled to an electric motor in the transmission producing another 80 bhp so that's about 260 bhp about the same as a 330i, HENCE the 330e denotation... NOW, WHEN THE JUICE RUNS OUT, and it does quite quickly if you're flogging it, does it become a petrol only, thus only making use of the 182 bhp ? Which means that on week days it's a 330e and on weekend trips it becomes a 320i....BIG DUNNO!

·
Registered
12,381 Posts
Ick, you were in Michigan in November/December? That's the worst.
"Michigan- there's a reason our state looks like a mitten..."

new slogan. for realziez.....;):angel::p

yeah,...stupid crashes like that one don posted make me :tsk::rolleyes::thumbdwn::mad: but it's not just mustangs. the knucklehead was all upset because he crashed, but how does he think the guy he ran into feels??:dunno:

bunchamorons....:tsk:

df

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Making progress over here.
ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1460724691.562516.jpg
ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1460724704.879628.jpg
Should be done next week when we come back for plaster. Owner is really happy.

Already planning the next project.

And I need helpz, not my job helping an old dad's friend.
ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1460724910.969650.jpg
This will be plaster only, 1500 sq ft.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Took me 8 hours to get 3 and a half of my coil overs installed. All I have to do is finish bolting everything up on my last coil over and I'll be done. The hobby shop closed at 5 and kicked everybody out. All I need was like 10 more minuets. So I'll be done tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
This time I really got my little brother a car. It is a 97 M3 for $2,000!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
Nice. But details man details.

$2k, ok what's wrong with it? No engine? :D
It has an engine. The car was hit in 2011 and parked in a garage ever since. When I get home to a computer I will post full details.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Looks promising, does the motor turn?
Don't want to be the grouch, but what kind of insurance premiums would a young /unexperienced driver be paying..,? Here they wouldn't even consider giving 3rd party cover for young/M3 drivers.

·
BMWCCA HPDE Instructor
23,448 Posts
This time I really got my little brother a car. It is a 97 M3 for $2,000!
Hell yeah! Nice project. Looks like a perfect car to show your brother the basics of auto mechanics. Looking forward to more details.

Lowered the G!
A bit too low for my tastes, but super awesome car. Love it.

Also, you need to update your username now... :p

----

In other news, I just got home from a 50 mile bike ride. I commute to work by bike five days a week year round, 20 miles per day, but I've never done anything close to 50 miles all in one shot. Was pretty fun, and definitely good to know that my body can handle the extra distance.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Speaking of not driving BMWs anymore, I could resemble that position. Of course, Cookie, Snowy and Funny are still in the stable. I have been working nonstop for 18 months in Seattle, London, California and Ohio...don't think I've put 1k miles on any car I own.

And I owe you all a big hug, hello, and what's new?

PS...Sorry, it's been a long, slow slog for the last 18 months. Thank you, DF and Don for reaching out....sorry I haven't been more responsive. Will try to be, going forward :)

·
D'oh, You Kids!
29,152 Posts
Holy moly! We thought you were living on another planet! Welcome back, Jen! :grouphug:

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
Last Sunday I saw an e36 M3 go up for sale on CL for $2000. It had no pictures and it had a two sentence description that said it had front end damage. I decided to jump on the car and texted the guy asking for pictures/info of the front end damage. He sent a picture of the rear of the car and said the front end was fixable. The car was only an hour away in Albany so arrange to meet him at 7PM to look at the car. I get there and find that the car was being used a storage and had all his crap in it. The thing is covered in dust and there are scratches all over it from have stuff put on it. Five years ago the car hit a truck and the guy parked it in a garage where it sat until today. Based on my inspection it was clear that the car was in really good shape before being parked in the garage. Honestly it is a real shame all that damage that was done to it being neglected in that garage :(. The hood was stuck closed and the car had not been started in five years so I could not inspect the engine. However based on the guy’s story I think the engine is fine (I did look under the car to see is the engine was there though :rofl: ). I offered the guy asking price and asked to pick up the car next weekend and he agreed. Today at 8:30 AM I showed up with my dad and a U-Haul to pick up the car. The guy said he would clean out all his crap, but when we got there the car was still full of crap. I was hoping he would actually clean out the car so me and Boo would not have to deal with the trash, but he ended up just quickly taking out the items he liked in front of us. I don’t have any good pictures of all the stuff before he took it out, but I do have pictures of what he left for us to clean. I think the guy used/is a drug rep because there is a bunch of drug samples in the car and a ton of white prescription pills I can’t identify. He also left us a small music collection including The Jackson 5, The Best of Sting, the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack and Queen. Anyway the three of us managed to push the car on to the U-Haul trailer and take it home. The first thing I did to it was hose it off to get a better idea of the condition of the paint and body. It is worse than I originally thought but it is still salvageable. My dad had some guys over detailing his boat one of which runs a body shop and he said he could color buff the car for $80, so I will be doing that after I fix the front end. With the help of a pry bar and a sawzall I managed to get the hood open to better assess the damage. So far the part list consists of a new hood, both fenders, nose panel, hood struts, right kidney grill, rad support, rad fan blades, right hood pin and the plastic thing that goes over the radiator that I forget the name of. I am also going to be changing all the fluids so I bought oil, oil filter, aft, gear oil, coolant and brake fluid today. I have a fuel filter lying around so I will put that in to. Today I managed to change the oil and oil filter and clean the K&N filter. The oil that came out was black but water free, considering how long it was sitting I am really happy with that. I also drained the old gas and put 5 fresh gallons of 93 in. According to the guy he had a shop Dyno tune the car so I will be using 93 octane in the car. I have not tried to start it yet. I want to crank the engine over by hand, inspect the cylinders, put the new fuel filter on and change the tranny fluid before I try and start it. Currently the car has snow tires on it with full tread. The tires are in surprisingly good shape considering it sat for 5 years. I was expecting them to be dry rotted, but we might be able to run them for a season. The car also came with 3 style 24 rims (two of them were stolen while the car sat) with summer tires on them. Over all I am really happy with the car and can’t wait to fix it up and get it on the road. You can see all the pictures of the car here.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/albums/72157664964733314

4061 - 4080 of 8444 Posts