Bimmerfest BMW banner

4081 - 4100 of 8444 Posts

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Haha of course someone drew male genitalia on the window. Looks like a good project car! At least the headlight isn't damaged. Can't wait to see pictures of it with the new body parts and detail

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
^ You and a lot of other people. When I first look at the car, the guy's phone was blowing up with other people who wanted to buy the car. I was just lucky and got there first. For $2000 this car was an amazing deal.
Also I forgot to mention it only has like 96k miles on it.

·
Registered
12,706 Posts
Speaking of not driving BMWs anymore, I could resemble that position. Of course, Cookie, Snowy and Funny are still in the stable. I have been working nonstop for 18 months in Seattle, London, California and Ohio...don't think I've put 1k miles on any car I own.

And I owe you all a big hug, hello, and what's new?

PS...Sorry, it's been a long, slow slog for the last 18 months. Thank you, DF and Don for reaching out....sorry I haven't been more responsive. Will try to be, going forward :)
Welcome back Jen! Looking forward to hearing tales of your travels.... :)

·
Hellawut??
14,546 Posts
Keep track of spending and pictures.

Curious to see how much of that will come out in a buff...

Things like that m3 can turn into huge money pits, just be smart about it and prioritize.

·
Insane in the membrane!
4,561 Posts
Nice find Alex! Is this gonna be your car or your brother's?

·
Insane in the membrane!
4,561 Posts
I spent my last Sunday doing my best to prep for paint, only thing I didn't have time to get to were the door handles.

ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1461046941.847161.jpg
ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1461046953.836855.jpg
ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1461046965.124707.jpg

And today I sent it off!

ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1461046993.943849.jpg

I already managed to find new black door seals even though for months ECS said they were back ordered, I called a dealer and they had some left in the country this whole time. I am also replacing both the front and rear windshields along with all new plastic trim and window/sunroof gaskets and seals. So I'm hoping to get into the fresh and clean club after all this haha. Super excited but it will take them a few weeks.

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
Nice find Alex! Is this gonna be your car or your brother's?
It's my little brother's car. He is the one putting up all the money. I am just the one doing most of the work on it.

·
Insane in the membrane!
4,561 Posts
I hadn't checked in for a while so no it wasn't obvious to me.

Oh well, I'm sure you will still have plenty of fun in it, I'd say he's got a pretty awesome big bro. What parts do you still need?

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
I hadn't checked in for a while so no it wasn't obvious to me.

Oh well, I'm sure you will still have plenty of fun in it, I'd say he's got a pretty awesome big bro. What parts do you still need?
I am going to pick up a hood, both fenders, nose panel, radiator support, radiator cover, battery, floor mats and one or two brake ducts today. After that I need fan blades which I want to buy new and that is it for the part list now.

·
Insane in the membrane!
4,561 Posts
Well shoot I have a hood, fenders, and nose panel, but I am far.

·
Registered
3,779 Posts

·
BMWCCA HPDE Instructor
23,448 Posts
I spent my last Sunday doing my best to prep for paint, only thing I didn't have time to get to were the door handles.

View attachment 559748
View attachment 559749
View attachment 559750

And today I sent it off!

View attachment 559751

I already managed to find new black door seals even though for months ECS said they were back ordered, I called a dealer and they had some left in the country this whole time. I am also replacing both the front and rear windshields along with all new plastic trim and window/sunroof gaskets and seals. So I'm hoping to get into the fresh and clean club after all this haha. Super excited but it will take them a few weeks.
I love seeing this! Great progress. It's going to look like a new E36 when you get it back. Incredible stuff.

And I owe you all a big hug, hello, and what's new?

PS...Sorry, it's been a long, slow slog for the last 18 months. Thank you, DF and Don for reaching out....sorry I haven't been more responsive. Will try to be, going forward :)
Heya, Jen! :hi:

Also, if you spent time in Seattle over the last 18 months, I'm sorry... It was the wettest rainy season (i.e., "winter") ever recorded. I guess we're making up for it now, with it being the hottest April on record.

4081 - 4100 of 8444 Posts