Bimmerfest BMW banner

4621 - 4640 of 8444 Posts

·
D'oh, You Kids!
29,141 Posts
Milner sure scuffed up that Vette at Le Mans. :yikes:

And what happened to the leading Toyota? I thought he had the race in hand. I went to bed and now I see he didn't even finish? (breaks my heart....not).

·
BMWCCA HPDE Instructor
23,448 Posts
Yeah, the LMP1 victory was totally in the hands of the #5 Toyota, but on the second to last lap they experienced what appeared to be some sort of electronic or mechanical failure which allowed Porsche to secure the top spot on the podium. Everyone was pretty upset about it, as they were clearly faster than everyone else throughout the whole race. Porsche and Audi said they don't really feel right with how things panned out. It wasn't a good way for Porsche to win, and they fully admitted that.

The Corvettes didn't really have a chance at victory even before the race began. They were way slower than just about everyone in qualifying, which is surprising. But apparently there are a lot of people who are angry at how the ACO changed certain rules to allow Ford to enter cars in the GTE Pro class in which no road-going versions have been built (which is typically mandatory in the GT categories). There are a lot of grumblings that race officials bowed to Ford and accepted huge profits by allowing them to enter the GT, which won against Ferrari. Corvette felt particularly hung out to dry by the race organizers, and it was clear they were not even remotely competitive this year due to rule changes and BOP.

Anyhow, when it becomes available as a re-run, you should watch the last 30 minutes or so.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Well an e30 drifted out of the course exit and hit a 944 and e36 in the paddock which happened 2 spots in front of me. Feel sort of lucky. I feel bad for the 944 because body parts are probably expensive

·
D'oh, You Kids!
29,141 Posts
Anyhow, when it becomes available as a re-run, you should watch the last 30 minutes or so.
I will. I watched until it was less than 5 hours to go, but couldn't stay awake any longer. I'd been up for almost 24 hours.

·
Hellawut??
14,546 Posts
#8 is in the works if price comes down a tad. Asking 1300, not listed for sale. Black on black, auto. 1993 325i. Cold weather package.

Needs windshield and front bumper.
Got the owner down to 1100 in our first talk, hasn't been inspected since 07.

·
Registered
12,706 Posts
Well an e30 drifted out of the course exit and hit a 944 and e36 in the paddock which happened 2 spots in front of me. Feel sort of lucky. I feel bad for the 944 because body parts are probably expensive
Whoa! That sounds like a course set up error for sure!

·
BMWCCA HPDE Instructor
23,448 Posts
So I was just looking around on FCP's website at brake stuff. I saw that someone had written a review for the same kind of StopTech single-piece slotted rotors that I have on the rear of my car, and they gave them 2 out of 5 stars. Curious to know why, I read the following review:

The rotors have gotten brake dust inside the slots and it looks pretty bad, they work fine but I would recommend going with blank rotors instead. The brake dust is almost impossible to clean without getting something small like a Q-tip or knife to scrape it off but that's a waste of time since its just going to get dirty again. These are cheap rotors in a nutshell, do not buy from stop tech, unless your buying their high end brake parts.
For real? :rofl: Must be trolling...

·
Insane in the membrane!
4,561 Posts
Yup 200 is pretty hot, 104 to be more accurate.

Progress report:

The door latch switch is not the problem, it does it even when it is unplugged, I did however discover that if I use the reset procedure of putting down the window, locking the car with the key and holding it until the window rolls up, it will not go up and down when I start the car until the first time I use the window button.

My passenger side window exploded in my door, wasn't even touching it. I think I tightened one of the bolts at the bottom too much.

New door handles are in and they feel amazing.

Rear deck is laser cut and recovered in alcantara, seats and panels are back in, headrests, and pull shade.

Operation: Reduce rear visibility as much as possible, is complete!

Also I'm running out of ideas on how to make my car heavier, ideas are welcomed.

ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1466390761.443712.jpg

ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1466390797.323976.jpg

ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1466390815.059820.jpg

ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1466390840.021586.jpg

And my cousin just bought a '73 Beetle, he's gonna slam that **** to the GROUND!

ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1466390857.972711.jpg

·
Insane in the membrane!
4,561 Posts
So I was just looking around on FCP's website at brake stuff. I saw that someone had written a review for the same kind of StopTech single-piece slotted rotors that I have on the rear of my car, and they gave them 2 out of 5 stars. Curious to know why, I read the following review:

Oh dear God, how we would love to reassure ourselves, "he's just trolling" "nobody is that dumb"...

·
Please, call me Brian.
10,782 Posts

Guaranteed not trolling :rofl:

·
Registered
12,706 Posts
1. Also I'm running out of ideas on how to make my car heavier, ideas are welcomed.

2. And my cousin just bought a '73 Beetle, he's gonna slam that **** to the GROUND!

View attachment 567867
1. Doubled up Dynamat everywhere. :)

2. If it's a Beetle (not a Super Beetle) slamming is easy. You just reposition the suspension arms on the torsion bars. :thumbup:

·
Insane in the membrane!
4,561 Posts
good idea!

And thanks my cousin has been super confused trying to figure this out because he has read about people doing this and I know nothing about these cars, so it IS a super beetle, so what would he have to do to slam it?

·
Please, call me Brian.
10,782 Posts
Coilovers for the vert are the same as coupe/sedan right? Other than spring rates I presume?

If I pick up the car I'm hoping tonight/tomorrow morning (95 325ic), I would like to try the lowered life (2-3") for a bit and try out some coilovers as well.

·
Insane in the membrane!
4,561 Posts
I didn't know they made coilovers specific to convertibles.

·
Needs Boost
12,109 Posts
good idea!

And thanks my cousin has been super confused trying to figure this out because he has read about people doing this and I know nothing about these cars, so it IS a super beetle, so what would he have to do to slam it?
Boost it and make it like the one from street outlaws.

·
Registered
12,706 Posts
good idea!

The rear suspension is the same on both the Beetle and Super Beetle, but in the front the Super had MacPherson strut suspension where the base Beetle has the traditional torsion bar front suspension. Adjust the trailing arm position on the rear torsion bar and shorter springs on the MacPherson struts up front.

I didn't know they made coilovers specific to convertibles.
I haven't seen anyone that did vert specific coilovers since you can adjust to make up the difference in ride height due to the higher vert weight.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
NICE! You tell how much and send prreeeasee! :D

So I'm getting Matt's diff after all.

He still has to take it off and he'll give it to me at bimmerfest.

Are you in a rush for the diff cover?

If you know you're coming to bimmerfest we could trade there for the rear mudflaps. If you're not coming we can arrange something else.

4621 - 4640 of 8444 Posts