BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
41 - 60 of 8,646 Posts
Got the new racks on the X5, genuine bmw. Going to come in handy for vacations and camping this summer!
Also got new shift boots made for the e30, the leather ones I had started cracking so switched it up some :)
Also my zhp knob should be in for the e30 today!

So you now join the ranks of the VW crowd with your new plaid shift and parking brake boots... ;)
I mean.... I like it. :eeps:

I'm kind of amazed by the hate I've seen for the plaid outside of the VW world. Like, I've seen some comments that are just roid-rage diatribes about the kind of person they think would buy a VW with plaid seats.

Lol Joey, that's true tho. I'm the kind of person that asks them one question "Did you buy my car for me? No? Oh ok the stfu!"

THANK YOU to all that had a part in my "surprise". You know who you are. It was very much appreciated!

I love the plaid, Jesse!

I am going to look at this, this weekend. $550 for the engine, tranny and ECU. I am so excited. :banana:

One big question will be whether it runs, and if so, how tired is it? Are you planning a full rebuild?
Unfortunately, I won't be able to see it run because the engine has already been pulled. The seller has assured me that the engine was running well before he pulled it. For $550 I am willing to trust the seller and take a chance, plus I was planing to rebuild what ever engine I ended up getting any way.

Good plan. It wouldn't be worth the trouble if you were just going to install a rusty 225hp cast iron 5.0L in your car.
Depending on how my budget looks, I want to install a top end kit on the 5.0L and hit 300HP+ with it. Once I start doing everything, I will have a better idea of whether or not I can do that this summer or if that will be next summer's project. Either way, going from my little 168HP straight six to a torquey V8 with a lest 57 more HP should feel amazing.

41 - 60 of 8,646 Posts