Bimmerfest BMW banner

1081 - 1100 of 8444 Posts

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
So I was at the dry cleaners and a couple arrived in their Audi R8 to drop off some clothes and pick up some suits and shirts..... GUESS WHERE they put the clothes they picked up??.....(. It wasn't in the boot)

Attachments

·
D'oh, You Kids!
29,256 Posts
How about in the passenger's compartment? That's where I'd put them....but I'm sure they didn't. That would be too sensible.

·
BMWCCA HPDE Instructor
23,452 Posts
They used the frunk, naturally. Those R8s are awesome. One of my local BMWCCA track instructors has an R8 V10 which he has taken to every single track day this season, and it rips.

·
D'oh, You Kids!
29,256 Posts
Frunk! Of course! I forgot that at it's heart it's a VW.

:rofl:

·
Registered
12,382 Posts
ok guys,...talked. well, texted jen yesterday. she says to say hi, she's doing well, just very busy. hopes to pop in and check in on us soon, so y'all best be on yer best behavior...:angel::eeps::p

also, pics posted up in the post your pics thread for the new arrival. more info in another thread.

df

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
How about in the passenger's compartment? That's where I'd put them....but I'm sure they didn't. That would be too sensible.
....Actually they left the clothes to a Sri Lanka gentleman who was following them in a small hatchback, and as it turns out he's an employee at the couple's mansion ...! (the boot is good for a couple of pints of milk and a sliced bread)

·
Insane in the membrane!
4,561 Posts
Actually first turn the engine on, and then move the fan on to it.

·
D'oh, You Kids!
29,256 Posts
Actually first turn the engine on, and then move the fan on to it.
Yeah, wait'll that sucker cross-threads, then things get real interesting. :yikes:

·
Registered
12,382 Posts
We had a new Viper autocross yesterday. It sounded so nice and was so fast. It did pretty well. The rear tires were very wide, I think they were 355
yeah, they are blinding fast but it's like riding a skateboard. iirc, they came with a years worth of chiropractic included....:eeps:

Yeah, wait'll that sucker cross-threads, then things get real interesting. :yikes:
yeah, what i thought, or worse, someone breaks a finger....:eek:

i mean, it's not like doing a v-belt on an old vw bug......:angel:

df

·
BMWCCA HPDE Instructor
23,452 Posts
I was drooling over a bunch of Vipers yesterday at my local Cars & Coffee. I looove them. Sure, the Corvette is better, but I really like the style of the Vipers. I also really love that they don't apologize for anything. They're just blunt objects that take no prisoners and give zero sh#ts. Even with the so-called "refined" new version, they still hearken back to an old school way of doing things, and I love that.

They aren't the most ideal autocross car, though...

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Yeah they are "big" for autocross and not the most nimble but in the straights it goes. If I were to get a supercar I would definitely get a Viper. It's only the driver driving and no computers assisting you like the GTR

·
Registered
12,712 Posts
They aren't the most ideal autocross car, though...
^This^

It's always entertaining to watch the first timers bring their Vipers out. Even if they've had it on the track a couple times it's still usually a humbling experience for them. Nobody wants to hold it in a lower gear and let that V10 turn high revs where it could really shine, so they eat a lot of time shifting up and down, up and down.

·
BMWCCA HPDE Instructor
23,452 Posts
My understanding is that Vipers have always been geared long-legged, too. I doubt a Viper would even need to shift out of 1st gear on most autocross courses.

·
Registered
12,712 Posts
They don't really need to shift out of 1st, but no one seems to be comfortable running their engine between 4K and 7K rpms for the duration of an auto cross course. Heaven forbid they find they have a rev limiter LOL.

1081 - 1100 of 8444 Posts