BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 3 months and nearly 3K miles I replaced the winter tires yesterday with the summers, WOW! It was like getting a new car all over again.

Not to say the winter tires were terrible, In fact they were astonishing when we had snow. We do not get a ton of snow, but the when we had 6” and drifts over 12’ and the more common ice covered roads, I had no issues what so ever.
But what a difference the summers make.

·
B +
382 Posts
Can't wait to change mine back. Seems silly to be running snow tires when it is 60 degrees today... Maybe I'll just put em on for the weekend ! We had our two biggest snowstorms in March last year and I know the minute I change them, we'll get dumped on... :mad:

·
John Voight's BMW
912 Posts
i'm very anxious to get the summer's back on.... probably wait until late march to make the official switch

·
Registered
824 Posts
I did take a look at my summers last night to make sure they're ready for last week of March... They look good and I'll just get them rebalanced and let the warm weather projects begin!!!

·
John Voight's BMW
912 Posts
what is this winter tires stuff?
basically they are tires specifically designed for performance in cold weather conditions and driving on a substance called snow which takes many different forms and can be difficult to drive on without proper equipment or experience. snow is is dissimilar to say pollution which is breathed into the lungs and makes your eyes water. :eeps:

·
Registered
115 Posts
basically they are tires specifically designed for performance in cold weather conditions and driving on a substance called snow which takes many different forms and can be difficult to drive on without proper equipment or experience. snow is is dissimilar to say pollution which is breathed into the lungs and makes your eyes water. :eeps:
sorry i was just being a smart ass since i live in so cal. we never use winter and summer tires. when i lived in denver i did though.

·
John Voight's BMW
912 Posts
sorry i was just being a smart ass since i live in so cal. we never use winter and summer tires. when i lived in denver i did though.
i was being a sarcastic smart ass too :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts