BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Officially Welcomed to The 'Fest!
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I placed my order in mid-June, and have been checking the 1-800 number for automated status reports every day since the beginning of July, and more than once a day as my August 16 delivery date approaches. Each time, I've heard the same thing, i.e. that I was scheduled for production with no confirmed date yet. I checked when I left the office last evening, and got the same thing. This morning, more as a joke than anything, I told my wife that I'd let her listen as a good luck charm. Even though I didn't expect any different information early on a Saturday morning than I got Friday evening, sure enough, it told her that my vehicle is now in production, with a scheduled completion date of July 24. Since the machine has a female voice, maybe they just stick together. :dunno: I don't know if this would help anyone else nervously checking for their status, but thought I'd pass it along. :)

·
Powder Days
1,997 Posts
My wife always says I, like most males, do not listen well. Perhaps the status report system has the same prejudice. ;)

·
Registered
73 Posts
I just dropped my 330 off in Nice on the 13th. Some guy was there from California dropping off his 7 series. He told me (smiling) that he remembered seeing my car pass him on the Italian Autostrada and even recognized the plate number. His wife interrupted with a nagging "You were a BLUR!" and he quit smiling.

Poor guy probably never got over 160kph thanks to her. If it's the day I'm thinking of, I probably passed him while cruising at around 200kph between Rome and the Riveria.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Lorch92 said:
with a scheduled completion date of July 24.
That's my scheduled completion date too! :thumbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts