BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This is what happens when you take Euro Delivery.... You pick up your car, fall in love, and spend the next two months ordering parts! I feel like I'm building a car from the ground up.

Anyone have me beat for uninstalled parts? I've got:

CD Changer
Aluminum Pedals
Trunk Net
UGDO
Alarm
BMW Antenna
Pro-Fit VSM Mount
Steering Wheel Trim
Euro Delivery License Plate, First Aid Kit, Owners Manual and Warning Triangle
Steering Wheel Trim
Griot's Detailing Cloths

(on the way: Ericsson T39 car kit, mucho Zaino, UUC Clutch Stop)

There are also a dozen BMW sugar packets that I'm thinking about selling on EBay.

--gary

· Banned
25,563 Posts
No mods here (unless you count the Momo shift knob and mudflaps) but I did renovate my garage while waiting ($1000) and bought about $500 worth of detailing supplies, as well as a Porter Cable random orbital buffer ($115). Total before car arrived was roughly $1700. :eek: Then I had to put up with this:
Yikes!

Alarm? My alarm costs me $30 a month to feed. (Big black dog next to the garage.) :)

· Where am I?
963 Posts
Nice to know I'm not alone :)

While waiting, I've so far:

Ordered:
- Painted reflectors
- ACS Aluminum pedals
- UUC short shifter w/RKII (might get ACS instead)
- H&R Sport Springs
- SilverVision bulbs
- PIAA Xtreme white fog lamp bulbs
- A whole bunch of Zaino
- First Aid Kit from Clem

I also:
- Cleaned out the garage
- Built a workbench
- Moved my tools in from my 3rd garage
- Epoxied the floor (looks great!)

And I'm probably going to buy in the next few weeks:
- jack and jack stands
- a better torque wrench than the one I have (it's old)
- compressor
- better socket wrenches, etc.
- strut spring compressor (maybe)

And I'm not sure when, but I'm going to buy some 19" rims and possibly Carbon Fiber trim.

And I'll probably get the garage door opening thing.

· •••••••
24,020 Posts
Damn, all I've ordered is:

CD Changer
M3 Wheel
OEM Alarm
Navtech region 2 cd (for WA,OR,ID,MT,WY,CO,UT,NM,AZ)
And Clem's 1st aid kit.

And I thought THAT was kind of excessive! :D

· Where am I?
963 Posts
Plaz 330i said:
Damn, all I've ordered is:

CD Changer
M3 Wheel
OEM Alarm
Navtech region 2 cd (for WA,OR,ID,MT,WY,CO,UT,NM,AZ)
And Clem's 1st aid kit.

And I thought THAT was kind of excessive! :D
Oh yeah. I got the first aid kit too. I'll get the alarm at the dealer (maybe). I guess I could go buy it now, but we'll see...

I don't know if I want the CD Changer. I didn't get nav, so I have an in-dash CD player. I thought I'd want a changer in my current car, which also has an in-dash, but I haven't wanted one yet...

· Traffic Surgeon
2,385 Posts
I guess I'm the simple man around here. I have about a month left and haven't ordered anything or modified my garage...yet. :p

I'm sure that will change once I get my car. I really want the M3 wheel, so that'll probably be where it starts...:thumb:

· A sudden sense of liberty
3,959 Posts
Nat Brown said:

This is what happens when you take Euro Delivery.... You pick up your car, fall in love, and spend the next two months ordering parts! I feel like I'm building a car from the ground up.

Anyone have me beat for uninstalled parts? I've got:

CD Changer
Aluminum Pedals
Trunk Net
UGDO
Alarm
BMW Antenna
Pro-Fit VSM Mount
Steering Wheel Trim
Euro Delivery License Plate, First Aid Kit, Owners Manual and Warning Triangle
Steering Wheel Trim
Griot's Detailing Cloths

(on the way: Ericsson T39 car kit, mucho Zaino, UUC Clutch Stop)

There are also a dozen BMW sugar packets that I'm thinking about selling on EBay.

--gary
So here's something kind of odd: In the parking garage at work, there's a new SLK320 Sport with the German tourist license plates still mounted, front and back. The weird thing is that it's been like that for several months now. It's obviously a tourist delivery car (Merc uses different license plate cutouts for US market cars, so the rear plate is bent to accomodate the US-size hole). I can't imagine how the owner doesn't get pulled over instantly.

· The Original Dr. Phil
11,419 Posts
Re: Re: The Shrine of Bim (Pre-Delivery Accessory Mania)

Yipper said:
Steering Wheel Trim

Is that Myrtle wood trim for the standard sport wheel? Where can I order that from?

Part#? Cost?
Here's some info on install and part #'s BMW330Ci DIY info

· Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Alarm

I don't think an alarm system is very important, but I get an insurance discount if I have one. I went with the stock alarm.

Stealing these cars is pretty tough unless you manage to steal the key. A lot of people leave the valet key in the owners manual, so thieves will often break into a BMW, search the glove compartment and then abandon the car. This causes a lot of damage. The alarm has the flashing clown nose (you can get that to work without the alarm) and at least lets me know there's some monkey business going on with the car, if I happen to be around.

That's when the pistol and shovel accessories come into play. ;)

--gary

· Registered
89 Posts
Yea, i will also get an insurance discount if i have one. But i always want it so that i know if someone was monkeying around with it. I have noticed that some of these newer car alarm systems have like a 'pager' like display screen that you can carry with you. And if someone slams into your car or whatnot while you are at the mall, the display screen will warn you...
Obviously i havn't looked around and priced these suckers...nor do i have any knowledge of the range this thing has(it could just be 100 yards for all i know).

· Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Pager

The pager systems have been around for many years. I think they're kind of dangerous. Although I joke about confronting car thieves, there are cases of people getting killed doing just that. I would have a very hard time restraining myself if I was paged by my distressed car in a shopping mall or at a party.

Anyway, your chances of getting the car stolen are pretty slim. In the list of all stolen cars, the 3-series is in the middle of the pack. I would bet that most of those thefts are from stolen keys. Your best bet is probably being smarter about where you leave your car.

You might want to check if your insurance gives a discount for LoJack. Mine doesn't. LoJack boasts a 90% recovery rate on stolen cars, compared to the average of 25%.

There are places I won't go with my car and there are areas at certain places that I won't park. It makes me feel like kind of a snob, but there are people in this world who feel entitled or opressed, and you are their target, either via theft or vandalism. The entire city of San Francisco is off my list, for example.

--gary

· Registered
89 Posts
Honestly, i hardly ever travel to DC....nor will I. Basically i am jsut in the cities/towns of Chantilly, Herndon, Reston..hmm...then i drive back up to Pennsylvannia to visit my parents occasionally(and that is a real small town called Apollo).
Maybe ill just opt for the BMW alarm system...seems to have everything i need!

· The Original Dr. Phil
11,419 Posts
Baptizer said:
Honestly, i hardly ever travel to DC....nor will I. Basically i am jsut in the cities/towns of Chantilly, Herndon, Reston..hmm...then i drive back up to Pennsylvannia to visit my parents occasionally(and that is a real small town called Apollo).
Maybe ill just opt for the BMW alarm system...seems to have everything i need!
Is Apollo in Moon Township? I had a college room mate that went to Mars HS.

· Registered
89 Posts
Apollo is in Armstrong County, VERY close to Monroville(which i am assure that you have heard of). Mars? Dang..that isnt far away either!! Apollo is such a small, run-downed town......All my good friends still live there. I just recently graduated college and moved down here to VA about 8 months ago....
To be honest with you, i lived in Apollo for 20 years and have NEVER seen a BMW in that area. My friends would crap their pants if they saw me in a bimmer!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.