BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11,357 Posts
I sort of figured this out a long time ago. Stop and go traffic is caused by people accelerating too much and decelerating too much for the conditions. When I'm in stop and go traffic I try to smooth out my velocity, accelerating slowly and decelerating slowly. If everybody did this, stop and go traffic would just be slow traffic. But, people are stupid. I constantly see the person behind me waving their arms and screaming at me, more so when I'm driving my BMW than when I'm driving my Chevy Cobalt. I do this in the right lane, so they're free to pass me and they often do. Then, they cut in front of me and slam on their brakes to avoid hitting the stopped car in front of us.

I had one psycho start tailgating me. He was driving a new pick-up truck, which is not the normal vehicle for psycho's. They usually drive some kind of hooptie, because psychosis usually limits a person's income and therefore the value of the vehicle they can afford. Anyway, I Bluetoothed 9-1-1. Several policemen were wrapping up a traffic accident (a rear-ender in stop and go traffic) as we passed. Three of them (each in their own car)pounced on the guy. It was funny as Hell. I stopped about a 1/4 mile down the road and one of the officers drove up to me talk to me. They hung onto psycho-moron Billy Bob for a while before letting him go. I was waiting in a left turn lane when I saw him make a right, taking the road out of town and back to the swamp on the mainland from whence he came.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Good vid and agree with driving smoothly comments above, with more courtesy and consideration we'd all get where we want to go, faster! Also, using the zip technique for when one lane merges with another: one through one join etc

1 - 3 of 3 Posts