BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 G12; 2019 G01' 2020 MB E450 wagon
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a current F10 driver with a lease up early next year. My dealer, with whom I have a good relationship, gave me a 750x to drive for a couple of days. Apart from the fact that the car is not configured the way I would do it (it has no driver assist for example; and has the spare tire, which IMHO really intrudes on trunk space), my initial reaction yesterday was that "this is too big". Today I felt more acclimated so it doesn't feel quite as big. I have had bigger cars in the past (7 series and S class) so big is not totally foreign to me, but I would appreciate it if any others who have moved from F10 or similar would give me their reactions to their adjustment to the size.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I went from a 550 to a 750i x-drive.

I definetly did not feel the 750 any bigger than the 550. If anything a bit wider but not longer.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
I went from a GS to a F02 and after a couple weeks it felt right at home. I actually prefer big bodies.

Have you considered the 6 Gran Coupe?

·
Registered
350 Posts
I went from an F10 M5 to the 750i and it doesn't seem bigger. I don't have the spare option and the trunk is actually a little smaller than the F10. I have the oem trunk mat from the F10 in the G12 and it fits perfectly and the sides actually wrap a little bit.

When I went from a 750li to a 650i coupe, that was a drastic change that you can feel.

·
Premium Member
2020 G12; 2019 G01' 2020 MB E450 wagon
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went from a GS to a F02 and after a couple weeks it felt right at home. I actually prefer big bodies.

Have you considered the 6 Gran Coupe?
I did consider 6 GC but trunk is smaller, back seat is smaller. Also my bad back does better in a car not as low. I am enamored of the seats in the 7. The massage functions are like the active seats in the 5, only far better. Very nice for for me for any trip more than a 1/2 hour.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
I went from a 550 to a 750i x-drive.

I definetly did not feel the 750 any bigger than the 550. If anything a bit wider but not longer.
2016 BMW 550i/Length
Image result for bmw 550i length
193.4***8243;

2017 BMW 7 Series/Length
Image result for bmw 750 length
206.6***8243;

I am waiting to see the length of the refreshed MY17 5 series. I might find it a lot more garage friendly.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
I feel like all modern well-equipped vehicles are so easy to drive nowadays with all of the assistant technology that you don't mind the extra size. The 7s pretty much have sonar and cameras at every corner. I've always been buying the biggest cars I can find, though. Too many mafia movies as a youngster and too many episodes of The Wire in my early adulthood.

·
HUFINGTON
923 Posts
The 7 is definitely wider and longer in feel. You immediately realize when you back it up at the same spot that you park your 5 series as there is much less space behind the 7 series to utilize for turning. It took me approximately 2 days to fully get adjusted to the extra dimensions, then the car feels like it's magically shrunk.

·
Registered
166 Posts
The 7 is definitely wider and longer in feel. You immediately realize when you back it up at the same spot that you park your 5 series as there is much less space behind the 7 series to utilize for turning. It took me approximately 2 days to fully get adjusted to the extra dimensions, then the car feels like it's magically shrunk.
Longer than a 5 .. er Yeah.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Went from a 5 to a 2016 750

Drives smaller. Drives and handles better than any other car on the highway. Does feel bigger when parking.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts