BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Nick Burns, the Comp Guy
7,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And personally I'd take the Volvo.

Here's the article: http://www.swedespeed.com/main_news/07_04_02.html

The interior... WOW!:yikes: Beeeeeuuutttiiiiful!

Not to mention it's a turboed 6 that can be modded nicely to get quite a bit more additional horses.. and the curb weight is less than the Audi's.

Also stealing from BMW, they have a "Sports" button and other such things... hell dammit.

Read the article :p This is what the S4 is going to compete with, not the M3.. two different class cars.

·
A sudden sense of liberty
3,939 Posts
Hercules said:

Not to mention it's a turboed 6 that can be modded nicely to get quite a bit more additional horses.. and the curb weight is less than the Audi's.

Also stealing from BMW, they have a "Sports" button and other such things... hell dammit.

Read the article :p This is what the S4 is going to compete with, not the M3.. two different class cars.
It's actually a turbo 5, but your point is valid.

The Volvo platform, in current trim, is nice but nothing to write home about. I will be very interested to see if the new S60/V70R will offer the same kind of driving experience as the S4. Volvo has exhibited little sparks of this craziness before (the old 850R, the adjustable Ohlins shock package you could get on the S70, etc), but they've never put together a real coherent effort. The S60R has the potential to change that.

The interior of the Volvo is smokin', though. Volvo is probably the only car division that can give VAG a run for its money in interior design.

Also, A plan. :bigpimp:

·
non sequitur
888 Posts
The only problem I really have with the Volvo S60 is that the steering is vague, and the interior room is small compared to the exterior size. Inside it is wide, but very short lengthwise--as bad as the IS300.

I know they can fix the steering (I hope), but not the room for the back seat.

·
10,856 Posts
Looks interesting... But my mother would disown me if I bought a Volvo, so it's not an option. :)

·
A sudden sense of liberty
3,939 Posts
Nick325xiT 5spd said:
Looks interesting... But my mother would disown me if I bought a Volvo, so it's not an option. :)
Who has feelings that strong about Volvos?

It's not like it's a station wagon, or something.

(ducking and running)

·
10,856 Posts
JST said:

Who has feelings that strong about Volvos?

(ducking and running)
You are talking about the Mom who bought an S55 AMG because she didn't like the ride of the S500 with the Sport package. :p

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
JST said:

(ducking and running)
:lmao: :lmao:

At least I have the I'm married with a son excuse:) And don't give us the I have stuff to haul around line Nick:tsk:

;)

·
10,856 Posts
PM 325xiT said:

:lmao: :lmao:

At least I have the I'm married with a son excuse:) And don't give us the I have stuff to haul around line Nick:tsk:

;)
Cops, you idiot! :) It's amazing how little attention people pay to the grocery getter. :)

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Nick325xiT 5spd said:

Cops, you idiot! :) It's amazing how little attention people pay to the grocery getter. :)
Good point:thumbup:

·
10,856 Posts
PM 325xiT said:

Good point:thumbup:
That is at least 50% of the reason why I don't want a coupe. :p

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Nick325xiT 5spd said:

That is at least 50% of the reason why I don't want a coupe. :p
Hey can I borrow that line next time I get crap for driving a wagon:dunno: :D

·
10,856 Posts
PM 325xiT said:

Hey can I borrow that line next time I get crap for driving a wagon:dunno: :D
That'll be fine... Just remember to paypal me a dime every time you use it. :D ;)

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Nick325xiT 5spd said:

That'll be fine... Just remember to paypal me a dime every time you use it. :D ;)
Done...................:bigpimp:

·
10,856 Posts
nate328Ci said:

Well, I like my mommy's car more than your mommy's :rolleyes:
:flipoff:

·
doh!!!
3,188 Posts
Hercules said:

The S60R is using a Haldex clutch for AWD. I have yet to find anything on its distrubution but all other uses of it has been FWD by default with power going to the rear on slip. Personally I would take the 50/50 default split offered by Torsen on the S4 over it.

If they could have a little switch that allows you to change the distribution(EVO VII has something like it) then sign me up.

Jeff

·
2001 M3:Stick, what else?
3,300 Posts
The S60 is tiny inside. Exterior styling is so-so compared to the E46 and poor compared to the A4. The adjustable suspension is trick UNTIL it needs replacing. Depreciation is going to suck.

I doubt the 2.5L can be seriously modded to get more hp. They've done all the easy stuff to get it to 300hp. Sure you can up the juice a little bit, but I doubt you'll be able to get past 330hp without getting into SERIOUS enhancements.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts