Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone

Been off this forum for a while, but always lurking.
I had a 2011 Alpine White, 535, currently in a 2015 Space Grey 535

After thinking I wanted an SUV and test driving

Porsche Maccan
Jaguar F Pace S
Mercedes GLC 43
BMW X3M
BMW X4m - loved the exhaust on both BMW

I realized I really have no use for an SUV and don't need one, I am A car guy....

So then test drove

Jaguar XF S
Audi A6-2019, fake exhaust tips...WHAT? WHY ?
MERCEDES e43
Genesis G80

Alas drove a 2019 M550 and placed my order today....Alpine white , premium package and a few other goodies. Taking delivery in June and cannot wait.

Thank you all for your contributions and I look forward to getting caught up and get more info within this forum on my new baby prior to delivery.

Some reason just thought I wanted an SUV , then figured out I wanted a car but not a another BMW....after driving several cars realized bag for buck and overall satisfaction for me, I did not have to look any further than another 5 series...except this time it's a bit of a 456hp sleeper..

·
Registered
122 Posts
Congrats! I too have a 2011 535i, and just ordered a 2019 M550ix this week. Going with the bluestone and mocha.
How come you're not getting it till June? Euro delivery? Mine should arrive in March.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Congrats! I too have a 2011 535i, and just ordered a 2019 M550ix this week. Going with the bluestone and mocha.
How come you're not getting it till June? Euro delivery? Mine should arrive in March.
I have the same color combo on my 530e (Bluestone and mocha). It looks very nice (I am in the camp that likes some contrast between my car's inside and outside).

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Congratulations. I'm not much of an SUV guy either, and we already have one in the family (my wife's). I prefer my sedan as well. Unfortunately, sedans are taking a much bigger resale hit than SUV's. That did not bother me as much when I was gainfully employed, and especially when I leased. But I recently retired and wanted to not have a car payment - which I don't. The good news is that I am now putting far fewer miles on my car (admittedly, only three weeks into retirement) and will likely keep it longer than I've previously kept cars which will mitigate the resale issue.

All that being said, I still hope to stay in the sedan or coupe fold, and am envious of you getting a M550. Once again, my impending retirement made me a little more practical in buying a 540 instead. I love seeing people post that they got a M550. We are fortunate that BMW still makes a V8, and compared to the competition it is reasonably priced.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you, and congrats to you as well. Car will be built in March from what I was told and my 2015 is a lease that expires in June so timing is a bit off. They expect the car to arrive in Toronto , mid May....It will go in for C-Quartz ceramic coating and I will swap out the wheels too. My 2015 has XO Luxury , St. Thomas wheels. And leaning towards Rohan RC7 wheels for this one. . . Going to also have the rear diffuser and front grill inserts repainted in high gloss black, plus all the M silver trim pieces will be replaces in black. Including solid black grill. A few things to get done once it arrives.

Looking forward to seeing your pics when yours arrive. Safe driving.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts