BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to sell my car. I dont have the tools to play with it, or the money to fix it. Too bad, one of the best cars Ive had.

Anyone living in the Seattle area interested, PM me, Ill give you a rundown on what I know is wrong with it and a price. Cant part it because I live in a apartment complex.

Two worst things are the ignition tumbler is broke in the off position, and it needs O2 sensors.

·
Manualaholic
1,855 Posts
I recommend posting pictures and a description in the classifieds section if you're interested in having an enthusiast to purchase it. You can try Craigslist, but you get some sketchy people on there.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Bimmer App

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys.
Ive got it up on craigslist now. I was going to take more pics this weekend, but remembered that the shop is closed and they have the keys!!
Arrgh! Anyway, Im having it towed home tomorrow and will take some shots after work.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Where's Waldo?

Don't want to hijack the thread...but thought this was an interesting find. I tried to look up your car in the Seattle CL, while I was rummaging around, I came across a '94 530i for sale at a dealership:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/ctd/2274563264.html

This photo caught my attention:

Now you tell me, what's wrong with this picture?:eek:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Added a link to current screens to the craigslist ad.

Winter is just ending here, so shes dirty.
It amazes me that so many people are impressed with a shiny turd. Ill get around to cleaning him up. But I got a tickle thats calling me to fix, lol.
A friend of mine has the tools...

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Added a link to current screens to the craigslist ad.

Winter is just ending here, so shes dirty.
It amazes me that so many people are impressed with a shiny turd. Ill get around to cleaning him up. But I got a tickle thats calling me to fix, lol.
A friend of mine has the tools...
Fix it up good, then sell it. Hand it off it to the next owner in top form. This will be your swansong for this E34. I know you're already regretting deciding to sell. Nevermind....it is time to move on.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lol. I live less than 2mi. from work.. My buddy is a wrencher.. He has tools.

Yet, there is something just as seductive in a 56 Willys CJ5. :)

I went out to clean the large chunkys from my bimmer and took those shots. All I was thinking is how ****ed it is for this one part to compel me to want to sell. But in the end, Its not just one part for this old of a car.

I just hope someone buys it that will keep a E34 going, and going, and going..

There was a comic mag out there that was called Car Toons.
Showed a car from 1957 to 2343, last piece being the hood ornament on a space ship.

I wish all the cars Ive owned end up that way..

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Here is where I stand now.

Im going to continue to post the car on Craigslist while I work on it.

I bought some graphite based lock cleaner and sprayed it in the tumbler. Im letting that soak till after work tomorrow. If that doesnt work, Im going to tear down my column and replace the tumbler. I feel that I have enough info on the subject between the youtube vids and an excellent step by step from DavidC over at bimmerboards ( http://www.bimmerboard.com/forums/posts/566688 ) to be able to do the swap. I will photo document everything.

With any luck, no one will have to go to a shop and pay the over blown shop prices for this again.

Side note, I found a mobile locksmith that was willing to repair. They quoted me $29 to come out, $180+ to fix and advised me not to DIY.
I think I can fix it for under $125.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.