BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok this is my current bmw project...

Previous Owner bought for over 5k, took it to bmw and paid over 3k to have it serviced. gave it to his son who wrecked it 3 days later. it then sat till his son and friend decided they were mechanics and tore it down...messing up a lot of stuff in the process that wasn't damaged in the wreck.

Anyways, fast forward a few months, and i got it for...well $460. it has a CLEAR title.

here it is...essentially how i got it, except i had to reassemble/fix the right front suspension

picked up most of the parts it needed (fenders, hood, condensor, tranny cooler, headlights, various other stuff..) for $395. just need to get the front bumper and windshield now, and paint. sourced the windshield for $70, and bumper for $49. here it is currently. i have a few more pulls to do on the left side, but it's almost there, waiting till i get the bumper to finish the rest of the pulls.

heres the interior, it has power steering column, power windows/locks/keyless entry, cruise control, cruise/radio on steering wheel, 6 disc changer in trunk, power seats w/power headrest's, etc...etc...

so i'm hoping when all is said and done, i should have around $1300 into it painted and done. oh and it has tan leather, mint condition inside. will get pics of interior when i finish the car.

anyone else have love for wrecked cars? they're simply my favorite hobby, nothing like getting a 10k book valued car for under 1500$... :)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Wow, you did a good a55 job! Are you doing anything special to it (i.e. m5 bumpers, angel eyes, supercharger :yikes: , etc?)

Yeah, good work man!

·
WTB - your E39 M5
6,216 Posts
Nice dude

Keep it going!

·
Registered
790 Posts
Did you do the cooling overhaul while you were in there, or was that one of the things dude had fixed?

·
WTB - your E39 M5
6,216 Posts
DUDE! I JUST NOTICED YOU ARE IN MY AREA!!!

I cant wait to race you! :thumbup:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DUDE! I JUST NOTICED YOU ARE IN MY AREA!!!

I cant wait to race you! :thumbup:
lol, not much for racing. i have a tow truck though, and a couple turbo diesel 4x4 pickups if ya wanna do some ******* bumper chainen! yeeehaw! somehow i think i'd win though.

i have a few GSXR's if ya wanna race me though :) and my one f350 runs a 14.8 in the quarter right now (respectable when you consider it weighs 8500lb). my tow truck does...0-50 in the quarter mile! haha

i assume he had the cooling system overhauled, he spent over 3k at bmw having it serviced...i know they did the brakes, but the rest of the 3k...had to of gone towards cooling and engine related wear items i would think.

and no, not doing anything special to it, when i fix vehicles, i restore them to 100% stock, due to the fact of many aftermarket parts being less than perfect in the alignment fields...so it's just safer and easier to use oem parts so you get your body lines correct.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Please say its a manual, please say you'll sell it >.>

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i appreciate all the positive input! i'm going to get the bumper and windshield sometime in the next week i hope, and get it finished up. won't do paint for a month or so, simply due to a lack of income.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Baaaahhhhmmmmm!!!

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
I'll give you $1200 for her. The parts depreciate after they are installed, ya know.

:)

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
i assume he had the cooling system overhauled, he spent over 3k at bmw having it serviced...i know they did the brakes, but the rest of the 3k...had to of gone towards cooling and engine related wear items i would think.
Do not assume.
One way to check: Know the year of the car.
Then look at the sticker of the radiator. If the rad sticker = car year, you have the old radiator.

·
Registered
790 Posts
do not assume.
One way to check: Know the year of the car.
Then look at the sticker of the radiator. If the rad sticker = car year, you have the old radiator.
+1

·
WTB - your E39 M5
6,216 Posts
i appreciate all the positive input! i'm going to get the bumper and windshield sometime in the next week i hope, and get it finished up. won't do paint for a month or so, simply due to a lack of income.
Did you order the bumper from BMW or are you going M tech (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED)?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i bought it from an aftermarket parts supplier, it's a aftermarket copy of the original. i use thier parts whenever possible due to my cost there. i picked up the bumper today and set it in place, soon as i get time, i'll finish putting the front clip together, then i just need to order the windshield. looks like i'll need the front bumper trim aswell.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Would you mind restoring my BMW real quick, its opposite of the one you just did... left front side? :rofl:

Oh and is that a sport, if it is... why does it have those 15s? I can tell by the shadowline trim.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
sport? i have no idea.... how can i tell and what does that mean? (anything...special in the mechanical end of things or just some bs trim package?)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts