BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was down at Crevier today and they had a new Z4 sitting out front. The salesman I had worked with before offered to show me the car. It was a light blue color, on black interior, with the 2.5L motor.

My opinions on the car:
BMWUSA.com and BMWfilms.com make the car look really good. But in person, its not as great as I thought it would be. I mean, its a good lookin car and all, but not as eye-catching as most other redesigned cars are. The salesman told me that it was the "first mass produced car to have 4 lines intersect on the hood," which actually does set the front off a bit. I do like that BMW finally made the hood longer, so now it looks like a real roadster/sports car. I just wish that they would offer different options for the engine size, rather than offering the 3-Series motors (the 2.5L and 3.0L). I wouldn't spend the $40k+ price tag for it, but I wouldn't mind having it for a weekend. I dont know, maybe the car will grow on me...

Just my $.02.

_Faheem

·
Premium Member
4,073 Posts
Faheem Daddy said:
I just wish that they would offer different options for the engine size, rather than offering the 3-Series motors
I think there is more than enough room under the hood for much larger engines. Not only is there room side-to-side, but a larger (heavier) engine could be placed much farther aft in the engine bay.

Draw your own conclusions.

·
into things retro
4,541 Posts
Re: Re: The Z4 @ Crevier BMW

JonM said:
I think there is more than enough room under the hood for much larger engines. Not only is there room side-to-side, but a larger (heavier) engine could be placed much farther aft in the engine bay.

Draw your own conclusions.
Hmmm, a V8 would be ambitious (and give the CLK something to think about) :D

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Like you guys said, since the hood does have that much room under there, you would think that BMW would be a bit more "ambitious" and place a V8 or something in there, just to give it some more balls. If they were going to offer a whole new car, why not offer a whole new motor too? The engine out of a 540i would be nice. But the salesman said that they'll be offering an ///M version...not sure of exactly when, but it'll happen.

Another thing...the Z4 2.5L doesn't have any cosmetic differnces from the 3.0L besides the badges...am I wrong? I would hope that it'd be easy to distinguish the 3.0 from the 2.5 without having to check the badges...

Once again, just my $.02 (Sorry for the long post).

_Faheem

·
into things retro
4,541 Posts
Faheem Daddy said:
But the salesman said that they'll be offering an ///M version...not sure of exactly when, but it'll happen.
I'm not so sure. The M Roadsters were not a huge commercial success. I think BMW is going to think long and hard on the MZ4. I think they put the capability there just in case, but I don't think it's a foregone conclusion.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Maybe I'll get the opportunity to see the Z4, as I am just about to have my Mini towed over to Crevier (see my post on the Mini sub-board). This might make the whole afternoon a lot more interesting.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.