BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So someone from Plesant Hill California is selling an authentic ALPINA B6 2.8. Here it is on EBAY:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1848019562&r=0&t=0

About 210bhp, 270Nm, Getrag 5-spd, less than 50k miles. Only 259 made and this is the 89th.

Seller re-listed due to a non-paying bidder. Last winning bid was met at $11k.

So, if I sell my E46 for say $25k (or less?), I could spend $11k to get this REAL ALPINA. Save the rest in my bank. But my concern is where to find a good mechanic in LA to maintain this rarity. And will it be a good daily-driver plus an occasional AutoX, track lapping car?

Comments? Advice? Criticisms? :angel:

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
Keep your AT E46 as a daily driver... and track the B6! :D

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Kaz said:
Keep your AT E46 as a daily driver... and track the B6! :D
:thumbup:

No that is a great idea:p

·
I'm a Mac
17,699 Posts
It's a very nice car. I emailed the seller and he sent me back around 30 detailed digital pictures of the interior and exterior. Even though he didn't have a Buy It Now, I convinced him to de-list it by offering $10,500 for it and showing him proof of my financial assets). BTW, thanks for bringing this beauty to my attention.

As a side note, I'm rather surprised that such an Alpina nut as yourself would have such lingering questions as "will it be a good daily-driver plus an occasional AutoX, track lapping car?"

(The answer, btw, is yes, it would have been. Now that I've got, or soon will have, a beast Alpina in my stable, I may actually decide to hang on to my much more sedate 330i after all).

Thanks again Vincent!

·
Hi
4,481 Posts
hts said:
It's a very nice car. I emailed the seller and he sent me back around 30 detailed digital pictures of the interior and exterior. Even though he didn't have a Buy It Now, I convinced him to de-list it by offering $10,500 for it and showing him proof of my financial assets). BTW, thanks for bringing this beauty to my attention.

You just about killed Vince!

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
hts said:

??? So, congratulations on order? (sorry Vince).
??? Does this mean you are keeping the 330i?

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
VinceTopasBlau3 said:
Nah..HTS never got it. I am negotiating now...

Aha ................ thus cash flow need:D

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
HTS got me into believing he got it! :banghead: :bigpimp:

Anyhoo, I am trying to stay calm for this. $10000 for a 18-year-old car is no joke. Then again we are talking about ALPINA. Lots of factors to consider. Need to check with ALPINA the authencity of this car too. Apparently some years back, there was a company in SF that provided ALPINA conversions. Can't remember the name, but it went out of business eventually cos of replicating ALPINA spoilers (bad move). I am hoping that this is not one of those coverted car.

Wish me luck guys....

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
VinceTopasBlau3 said:
Need to check with ALPINA the authencity of this car too. Apparently some years back, there was a company in SF that provided ALPINA conversions. Can't remember the name, but it went out of business eventually cos of replicating ALPINA spoilers (bad move). I am hoping that this is not one of those coverted car.

Wish me luck guys....
Was this Dietel by chance?

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That could be it! But I think they do mostly E21 conversion.

The VIN number on this B6 2.8 starts wtih "WB..." instead of "WA...". Now, ALPINA was officially recognized as a remanufacturer for Germany in 1983. So technically speaking, all ALPINA cars have "WA..." after 1983. This B6 may just be caught prior to the recognition.

Kaz said:

Was this Dietel by chance?

·
Registered
528 Posts
hts said:

As a side note, I'm rather surprised that such an Alpina nut as yourself would have such lingering questions as "will it be a good daily-driver plus an occasional AutoX, track lapping car?"

(The answer, btw, is yes, it would have been. Now that I've got, or soon will have, a beast Alpina in my stable, I may actually decide to hang on to my much more sedate 330i after all).

Thanks again Vincent!

congrats. Hey man, didn't u live in reston area. Cuz i remember using you as ref when i purchased my 330ci fro bjeorn. What r u doing in NC RTP? don't tell me u work for cisco...

thanks again. Did Passport send you any referral bonus/gift? i asked them to do it, but don't know what happened.

LIL Raja

·
Registered
528 Posts
VinceTopasBlau3 said:
HTS got me into believing he got it! :banghead: :bigpimp:

Anyhoo, I am trying to stay calm for this. $10000 for a 18-year-old car is no joke. Then again we are talking about ALPINA. Lots of factors to consider. Need to check with ALPINA the authencity of this car too. Apparently some years back, there was a company in SF that provided ALPINA conversions. Can't remember the name, but it went out of business eventually cos of replicating ALPINA spoilers (bad move). I am hoping that this is not one of those coverted car.

Wish me luck guys....
were they called KSA?
man, hts got me going thinking he got the car.
dude, get it, I know u r an ALPINA nut. just do it. 10k is nothing cuz i lost more than that in NASDAQ. :-( Ever since then I just don't think twice about spending money. I rather enjoy than burn.

muhhahahahah

lil raja

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Just went back to ebay to check this out.

Can't believe this. The bidder, who seems to be also an Alpina nut, bailed out of the deal? What a waste of time. Don't know if I can anyone trust an aol member.

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Still waiting on some answers...

Anyhoo, Dave, that is the second non-paying bidder unfortunately. I don't think the seller deserves such treatment. :(

DaveN323i said:
Just went back to ebay to check this out.

Can't believe this. The bidder, who seems to be also an Alpina nut, bailed out of the deal? What a waste of time. Don't know if I can anyone trust an aol member.

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
KSA?? hmm...not sure. I know that's a "H" somewhere in their name. Anyhoo, getting the ALPINA is one thing, finding a reliable mechanic in LA to maintain it is another story. This will pose another challenging task to me.... :( sigh...

LIL RAJA said:

were they called KSA?
man, hts got me going thinking he got the car.
dude, get it, I know u r an ALPINA nut. just do it. 10k is nothing cuz i lost more than that in NASDAQ. :-( Ever since then I just don't think twice about spending money. I rather enjoy than burn.

muhhahahahah

lil raja

1 - 19 of 19 Posts