BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
ben99

I would also like to know what you find out about those.

If you get them, maybe I'll see you around with them on since we live fairly close by. I live near HP, but work in the Woodlands.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Personally i'd stay away from rims that need adapter rings to make them fit. That is usually asking for problems such as shimming/vibrations.

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
OlyVR said:
Personally i'd stay away from rims that need adapter rings to make them fit. That is usually asking for problems such as shimming/vibrations.
I'll second that went I brought my rims I got ones that are made for BMW only no clearance, or vibrations problems what so ever

·
Z4 Mvangelist
4,254 Posts
OlyVR said:
-All BBS rims we've bought need adaptor rings, but TireRack mounts these fo you. We've not had a problem yet.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Palantirion said:
-All BBS rims we've bought need adaptor rings, but TireRack mounts these fo you. We've not had a problem yet.
Love the BBS wheels, however, I don't have $2K+ to spend on wheels.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OlyVR said:
No rings needed. E39 hub bore is 74.1mm and so is the center bore these wheels. They come with hubcentric rings for 72.6mm but they are not needed on an E39.

I would think that if there was any issue that would cause a shimmy, it would be taken care of by a good balancing job.

·
You Lick It, You Own It
14,417 Posts
just by the way they are advertising the rims, i'd want them like i want AIDS. BeBeS FTMFL!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So... does anyone know of a GOOD set of "mesh style" rims like these in a 18 or 19" with a 2-3" lip for under $2K rims/tires???

·
You Lick It, You Own It
14,417 Posts
ben99 said:
So... does anyone know of a GOOD set of "mesh style" rims like these in a 18 or 19" with a 2-3" lip for under $2K rims/tires???
UNDER $2K?!?!???? and GOOD!?????? nope. not really for 18's.

Proverb: Buy Cheap, Buy Twice.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Axis Pentas 19's for around 2K. I think the quality is pretty great.

·
You Lick It, You Own It
14,417 Posts
Palantirion said:
-I agree with you there! If it's too good to be true...
not only that but BeBeS as opposed to BBS?? what a lame way of advertising.

·
Registered
8,775 Posts
ben99 said:
Have you cruised thru the Roundel and Bimmer magazines? Lots of cool stuff in the ads.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts