BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not picking up a car, but I'm going to Ingolstadt on business next week and might have a day to wander around the city.

Has anyone spent much time there? I've got some standard travel books, but was looking for some personal recommendations.

Thanks!

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
I read somewhere that the machine that stamps out the aluminum sides of the A8 in one piece is pretty impressive.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
robg said:
Other than the obvious-- visit the Audi factory? no.
Yes, my visit involves some business at the factory. I do hope to maybe do a tour as well.

I need come up with a good background to have on my laptop during the visit. Maybe really make them mad by photoshopping (not realisitic) that picture of the mercedes truck hauling BMW's. Put the Audi rings on the front?

Or make friends by showing the new 3 interior with the Buick emblems on it?

It looks like there may be a biergarten or two there.

We are flying into Munich, but I don't think I'll be able to convice my group to stay there for the day.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Ingolstadt for ...

I haven't been there, but I just looked it up in my Michelin Green Guide. In addition to the usual churches, I found two things that looked interesting to me:
(a) The Bavarian Army Museum is spread over two sites. The main part is in the Herzogschloss, a 15th C fortification. There is a second part in the Reduit Tilly, near the Neues Schloss on the other side of the Danube.
(b) Neuburg an der Donau is a small Baroque town 22km to the west. The north wing of the castle has a Knight's Hall that is supposed to be quite nice.

Being north of Munich, other possibilities include Regensburg (charming old town, Turn and Taxis castle, cathedral, and BMW factory) and Nuremburg (historical castle, etc., plus a great RR museum operated by DB).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts