BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be buying my first car soon. I was wondering what items you guys have had the dealerships throw in if they aren't moving on the price. Floor mats, BMW gear?

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Floor mats are standard, unless you like the rubber or fancy m-performance floor mats. Full tank of gas comes standard too or they'll get a 1 star review!!

They gave me about 9% off the latest F15 X5 and 2 polo shirts. Also a big coupon to get the kid half or 2/3 a sweatshirt, plus a chevron gas card for a second tank of gas which may be their common practice. I tried to get a bunch of free m-stuff but of course it didn't work. They don't do 9% off MSRP anymore. Some others here even got more discount back then (late last year)!

On the F25 X3 I asked and they gave the boss a pink polo shirt and black m-perf grills. Maybe some keychain stuff too. Didn't know I should try for 2 free polo shirts.

On the old E70 X5 I didn't know to ask at all. Maybe just got some usual USB drives and keychain things like some trade show nonsense.

On the first E83 X3 they bought us lunch right in there (lunch time) so that we cannot leave to change mind and never come back!! There really is no such thing as free lunch!!

Prices were decent on all of them anyways. All of them got 10 and 5/maximum stars in the surveys.

Over the years (at work) I finally figured all businesses really don't want to give customers lower prices because they have to show high and higher revenue/dollars each quarter or year. However if we nicely ask for free parts/stuff they might give it to us because their revenue does not shrink. The margin may be a tiny bit lower but it does not hurt them much... so they'll sometimes be happy to give a few things.

·
Registered
208 Posts
My MSRP was $70xxxx, I got it for $62200. Got them to give me the interior protection plan. The whole Resist-all thing. It was valued at $475.

I thing it's a scam, but hey it was free. Suppose to cover stains and holes for 5 or seven years. Can't remember.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My MSRP was $70xxxx, I got it for $62200. Got them to give me the interior protection plan. The whole Resist-all thing. It was valued at $475.

I thing it's a scam, but hey it was free. Suppose to cover stains and holes for 5 or seven years. Can't remember.
Where are you from? Where is the dealership located?

·
Registered
546 Posts
OP, I'm not big into negotiating freebies into deals, I focus on price. Some dealers give you discounts on accessories the day you buy the car. So I buy nicer mats, cargo liner, etc on my own time.

My deal was $5800 off on a $71K 2016. You should hit close to invoice right now, some dealers are hungrier than others. Blackj-4dr got a hell of a deal.

·
Automotive Addict
1,145 Posts
I will be buying my first car soon. I was wondering what items you guys have had the dealerships throw in if they aren't moving on the price. Floor mats, BMW gear?
depends on the deal, the program for that period. dealer accessories are the easiest to add to the sale it's the big ticket items that you want thrown in without affecting purchase price or trade-in. (eg: tire warranty or clear bra or window tint etc.)

Full tank of gas comes standard too or they'll get a 1 star review!!
if they gave you 12% off sticker and did everything else to earn your business but didn't put a full tank of gas that would warrant a one star review? ruining one's csi over $60 or so seems a bit draconian and may not even be the sales department's fault. could be over looked by prep-center. either way not something that would upset, prepping the car when i asked them not too or putting a front plate on when i asked not to is something that would upset me and make me walk from a deal.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I agree. I never ask for all weather mats. I asked what the he finance guy was going to push.

When I got to the point where I felt they were at their bottom number I asked them to throw in the interior protection. They agreed. That costs them nothing based on the mark up.

When we agreed to the deal and I got to the finance guy, I dropped the....you know I think I am a member of USAA. Asked him for the phone number, called and they sent the letter.

They had no choice but to give the discount off the negotiated price.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
depends on the deal, the program for that period. dealer accessories are the easiest to add to the sale it's the big ticket items that you want thrown in without affecting purchase price or trade-in. (eg: tire warranty or clear bra or window tint etc.)

if they gave you 12% off sticker and did everything else to earn your business but didn't put a full tank of gas that would warrant a one star review? ruining one's csi over $60 or so seems a bit draconian and may not even be the sales department's fault. could be over looked by prep-center. either way not something that would upset, prepping the car when i asked them not too or putting a front plate on when i asked not to is something that would upset me and make me walk from a deal.
hmmm if 12% the sales guy will get max stars and a $50 Starbucks card from me!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Just take an Audi Q7 brochure with you and browse through it until your sales guy heads off to the sales managers office. When the sales guy returns ask him to hold on a minute while pretending to be on the phone with the local Audi dealer.

·
Vendor
616 Posts
I'm sure you could get them to throw in a hat or something but it's all relative. Check out our pricing guide for a quick and easy way to buy new BMWs http://www.bimmeramerica.com/pricing/

1 - 13 of 13 Posts