BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
live like no one else
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm thinking of adding 1 10" JL Audio 10w7 sub and JL 500/1 mono amp. Of course will use the RE-Q5. I removed ski bag and think I'm gonna remove door and cover in grill black grill cloth to allow sound into car better. Just wandered what everyone else has done? Pics? I have alot of ideas, if I do this will post pics.

Sent from my DROIDX using Bimmer App

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
I was considering it at one point but it's been on the back-burner for me as it's not that important. I was either going to to an Infinte Bandpass setup through the ski-pass through with something to "tap" into the other speakers and resum just the bass, and then hook it to an amp and also keep the stock subs, but just turn down the gain on them.

OR

I was just going to tap the factory signal and just get some better subs and replace them. Add in a new amplifier and I'm done. It's easy enough, gets a decent improvement and looks factory!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Youve done most the hard work already. Remove the rear plastic armrest also. Sounds great. I used a req 3, tapped into the speakers on the L7. Pretty easy. Sound is amazing once I removed the ski wall. :thumbup:

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts