Bimmerfest BMW banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have an 07 335i vert. It is by far the most solid, responsive, and fun car to drive I've ever driven. I've taken it on 1000 mile long road trips and the responsiveness on the highway is incredible. I have to really watch, hitting 100 mph is easy and you won't even know you're there. I love to accelerate and watch the speedo climb effortlessly. It tachs up really quickly and the auto (STEP) transmission is the most responsive I've ever felt. The sport mode is a blast for passing a vehicle, you just flip the shifter and arch around it. Just a pure, absolute joy to drive. I'm sold, this one is a keeper.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Reviving this thread for OP.

I sold my 08 E93 335i MT and bought a 12 E93 335is DCT.

OMG is all I have to say. What an upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

·
Hat's On, Tops Down!
1,382 Posts
Welcome to the 'IS' Club.

Cheers

·
Registered
75 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
AW w saddle brown. Nav, DCT, DCI under hood. Missing HK and working on upgrading that. Bought with 33,500 on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app

·
Registered Boozer
680 Posts
AW w saddle brown. Nav, DCT, DCI under hood. Missing HK and working on upgrading that. Bought with 33,500 on it.

Sweet! Mine is AW on black, early build, bought it with 39k on the clock. I've upgraded the charge pipe, divertor valves, added a back up camera, retrofitted a combox, and a MHD stage 1 tune. Also sprung for some aftermarket 19" wheels.

After you going aftermarket for the stereo upgrade?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Sweet! Mine is AW on black, early build, bought it with 39k on the clock. I've upgraded the charge pipe, divertor valves, added a back up camera, retrofitted a combox, and a MHD stage 1 tune. Also sprung for some aftermarket 19" wheels.

After you going aftermarket for the stereo upgrade?

Will likely upgrade the amp, woofer and speakers in stages. Keeping the same head unit. Just started my research.

Will change charge pipe too as the plastic ones do crack over time (speak from experience).

·
Registered
337 Posts
Title. I've driven a 2001 330i for many years now, hands down the best car I've ever owned. Love the interior, the feel, the looks, everything. But it's over 200,000 miles now and I'm thinking of getting a new vehicle. Always pined over convertibles and a 335i convertible is kinda seeming like my "affordable" dream car. I'd be looking at a used one, trying to pay the least amount I can, within the bounds of reason and good sensibility. What do I need to know? I heard that carbon build up is an issue with these twin turbos so a walnut blast cleaning is advised for a used one... What years should I seek, or avoid? Any special danger signs to avoid or nice features to seek out? I plan to do some research and learn what I can by searching but I also want to pose the question directly, what do I need to know before buying a 335i hardtop convertible? Thanks.
If you do end up getting a convertible you will be in "the club" and it's important to know the secret handshake! You're in Houston maybe Kat can show you!

Seriously, there is nothing better than driving top down on a nice day or evening.

·
Registered
326 Posts
It truly is an excellent and fun car to drive. I have a 2013 335is. I never heard of the "is" model before I drove it. It sounds incredible.

·
Registered
827 Posts
had three Miatas and an 07 335i sedan (sport package). Have an '11 IS convertible now. Best car I ever had!

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
I've had this car for about 3 weeks now and frickin love it! it's actually my wife's car but I do the modding when I don't think she'll notice. The 335 engine is amazing and quick a hell. Came from an e46 325 vert and the difference is night and day. As for those that don't understand the convertible reasoning, it's because it's more fun, period. And if you have bad weather, the hard top is quite as a mouse when it's up. I hear zero wind noise. Only thing I wish BMW did was make it a glass roof but hey, not the biggest issue.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Would never belong to a club that would admit me as member

If you do end up getting a convertible you will be in "the club" and it's important to know the secret handshake! You're in Houston maybe Kat can show you!
Darn, is there a Youtube or something? Have had mine for a year and do not know handshake! [head hangs in shame] Funnily enough, before getting one I never realized how many there are. My town's infested.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts