BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am asking someones opinion about buying myself a 1993 bmw 7 series. I have looked the car over many times it looks in perfect condition. i am driving a 1999 Chrysler Sebring convertible right now with a bunch of problems and some on the way. so i want to know any problems these cars have commonly. it does have 185,000 miles. and what grade of gasoline should be put in it because the gas price is pretty high and i don't want something that i have to put premium in. any help would be great.

·
Registered
92 Posts
i am asking someones opinion about buying myself a 1993 bmw 7 series. I have looked the car over many times it looks in perfect condition. i am driving a 1999 Chrysler Sebring convertible right now with a bunch of problems and some on the way. so i want to know any problems these cars have commonly. it does have 185,000 miles. and what grade of gasoline should be put in it because the gas price is pretty high and i don't want something that i have to put premium in. any help would be great.
If you, or anybody for that matter, are worried about the price of gas, you should be looking at a honda.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
I had a 1993 740i (E32) way back when. Great car, BUT, they had major engine issues (Nikasil issue) where the US gas ate away at the block and although BMW did not call it a recall, they replaced the majority of the engines. You MUST make sure the engine was swapped out. Mine was and it ran well. Read this carefully before doing anything:

http://www.bavarian-board.co.uk/nikasil.htm

Get the block numbers off the car and make sure it's the replacement Alusil engine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts