Bimmerfest BMW banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Not Here Anymore
5,203 Posts
HOLLY mother of BMWs...! So your all saying that the trans will need rebuilt/replaced somewhere after 100K miles on the this no matter 4.4L 0r 3.0L??????
I am making no such claim (unless by "after 100K miles" you're including any mileage past 100K miles).

As for 4.4 versus 3.0 I have seen no evidence supporting an increased failure rate of the 4.4 transmission than those in the 3.0. But I don't have a lot of direct experience...just haven't seen it as an issue on the forums I read.

·
Registered
5 Posts
x5 are nice

I am thinking about buying either an X3 or X5. I already own a 3 Series E46. I would really appreciate any advice you all can give me.

Are there any common problems the X5s seem to have (window regulators, water pump, etc.??

Are there any specific problems the X series might have that other BMW models do not?

What is typically considered low/avg./high mileage for an X5?

How does the X3 differ from the X5?

Anything else you can provide would be appreciated!!!
common problems on the X5s: Window regulators. Electric components, such as onboard computer, rear lights, readio pixels and front suspension:lower/upper control arms and links. I would still buy another one anyways. and yes, they are expensive to fix. good luck

·
Nothing quite like a 6
521 Posts
HOLLY mother of BMWs...! So your all saying that the trans will need rebuilt/replaced somewhere after 100K miles on the this no matter 4.4L 0r 3.0L??????
I probably gonna buy one at 130,000+ miles since the previous owner/dealer definitely rebuilt transmission. Save some cash. I'm considering between this and the E60 for my sister. Nonetheless, I can play with these car more since they have tons of mod than the later model.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
After reading alot of these X5 E53 threads Im sad to say Im no longer going to pull the trigger on a BMW suv:( Hardly anything good said about it. At least E39 has alot of good stuff,but when your INDY says you will be in trouble with most X5s ... IM not going to worry with the headache. Looks like a Lexus RX 330 is in the near future for my wife:)
Thanks for the info on this side of the site.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts