1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
393 Posts
I scored black granite/marble? trim from a wrecked Individual e39 for the interior on craigslist $250 to my door. I thought it was too good to be true till i actually had it in my hands. Transformed the look of my interior. No more WOOD!! everything inside is black and gray and everything on the outside is black or anthracite. I love the look.

Good luck with the bidding, but i would shop around at least a week for a better price.

·
The Usual Suspect
2,731 Posts
You really must have money to throw away. Those are real rice like. Don't think you will get the props that you are looking for with that "mod"

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
If you are seriously looking for opinions:

It is YOUR money........., but I could probably come up about 470 other ways to spend that kind of cash.

·
wannabe DIY'er
332 Posts
wow, $470???? i could spend that on parts toward the eventual timing chain guide rail job.
or maybe a new front bumper.
or maybe a new rear bumper.
or maybe a new windshield.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I've seen that on eBay... Whats it mean? Is there a trim package that comes with the e39 called individual? Like the sport package or something?

Sent from my iPhone using BimmerApp

·
Registered
127 Posts
You really must have money to throw away. Those are real rice like. Don't think you will get the props that you are looking for with that "mod"
They are not "rice," they are OEM and came on the BMW cars ordered with Individual packages. I definitely agree that is a crazy amount of money to spend on door sills though :thumbup:

·
CPR ..
564 Posts
Sometimes you may want to upgrade " your space" to make the car feel complete. Im taking a break from the exterior mods that I wanted to do , so I can personalize my interor. It really gives the car a totally different feel. Go for it !

·
Registered
633 Posts
So what's the difference between a sport package and an individual package?

·
Banned
106 Posts
save your cash bud, you can get custom made ones if you really want it that badly for a lot cheaper, or check scrap yards. and your still paying shipping which seems much for it

·
What was that noise??
307 Posts
Well the Sports package has;
Lowered suspension, slightly larger anti roll bars
M5 front & rear bumpers
Usually 17" style 66 rims (for prefacelift), with little M logos. Rims are staggered and wider. Facelift Sports models had different rims.
Sports seats
M logoed door sills
Sports steering wheel - logoed and with dual coloured stitching
Larger front discs
Euro models came with small M logo on both front door bumpers & brushed aluminium interior trim.

Individuals were only different on the inside (correct me if I'm wrong). They did not necessarily get the same options as the Sports unless ordered as such. Given that an individual (pun intended) ordering an Individual would no doubt have the coin to include all options that the Sports offered. End result was a stunning example of what one could own.

When you think about it, it makes sense to have all the individual touches done internally where the proud owner could always enjoy whilst motoring.

They were typically finished in rare coloured leather usually with contrasting piping and sometimes in 2 tone finish. Timber trims were often 'one offs' (per se), with only a handfull of e39's getting said trim. Unique carpet was also included in some Individuals along with interior light surrounds finished in timber and unique BMW gear knobs.

Individuals have always got my attention because they are, well, individual and unique. M5's & M3's could easily fall into the class of being Individuals as they normally have 2 tone leather with a limited run each time.

Some good examples of later model E90 Individuals here http://http://www.google.com.au/imgres?imgurl=http://images.paultan.org/images/BMW_Individual_3.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php%3Ft%3D133652&usg=__fzRZELlxYQfBNeK-C1Ae5660kNQ=&h=337&w=450&sz=35&hl=en&start=12&sig2=y9yp3CfZq9CR8c0bva8H5g&zoom=1&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=EzNM1aMIFuDrDM:&tbnh=95&tbnw=127&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dbmw%2Be39%2Bindividual%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DX%26rlz%3D1T4ADBS_enAU266AU266%26tbs%3Disch:1&ei=Z36RTd6NLs6ftgeV3-VI

E39 Indiv.

E39 Indiv.

E53 X5 Indiv. with 2 tone marine style timber trim

E39 Indiv.

GL to the OP with your Indiv. project. It won't come cheap, but I understand you wanting to do it right. Maybe search all wreckers stateside before pulling the trigger.

·
What was that noise??
307 Posts
This is an e38. Well spotted. I didn't see what looks like a speaker, centre top of dash and the button on the side of the arm rest

I believe you could also choose exterior color through BMW individual. True. Exterior colours were optioned in Individual.
"BMW individual"
As long as you have the cash, they'll do it.. So very true. BMW = Bring More Wads.

·
BMW FETISH!!!
5,405 Posts
This is an e38.

I believe you could also choose exterior color through BMW individual.

"BMW individual"
As long as you have the cash, they'll do it..
I think it's actually a 39 buddy. Look closely

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
I did this about 3 years ago on my M-Sport. It wasn't aimed to misguide people into thinking it was an original Individual just that I hated the M-Sport aluminum interior trim as well as the multi-colored ///M sills.

I never liked the non-sport Vavona wood (too light) and decided to go with the birch anthracite trim which is an Individual trim line. I left the e-brake alone and wanted to keep that leather. The steering wheel also is the stock sport wheel and not the wooden Individual one. Got the sills done as well. 2 months later, all arrived from the fatherland.

All said and done, I love it, yes its not a true Individual, yes it was wasted money but to me, money well spent every time I sit in it.

Here is what it looked like before the interior upgrades

and that pic above, that's not an E39:beerchug:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts