BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I was thinking of trying a dry nos kit in my 94 325i. It would be for fun as I havent gone to a track yet. I would have loved to get a turbo/supercharger but good ones cost more than the car itself. I was wondering if it would be a bad idea or if it would be ok if I use it every now and then and not for too long of a time. Right now I have a tms chip and cold air intake for mods for the engine. I have heard some stories where you cant run nos with aftermarket chips but am not sure if thats true or not. I was planning on trying at the most a 100 hp shot but nothing more than that. Any suggestions on kits or opinions would be great. I searched this and found little to none for our cars just m3 stuff. One other thing I have traction controll with my car and I have heard once you hit the nos you could spin the tires so would this be a bad idea for a car with traction control? I dont really see why it would be bad but just thinking of every possible problem. Thanks

·
Registered
226 Posts
i had a chip on my car and got a pinging sound, found out it was the chip was advanced a tad which i found out should have been rang on stock timing unless u get the chip changed for the nos,

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
With the chip I run 93 octane, they said you have to run 91 or higher. Are you saying you had the chip and nos and you had pinging? What fuel grade were you running, what kind of chip etc,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts