Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a trade in at work today, old ladt traded in a 2015 328i with only 12,500 on it. It still has 13 months of factory warranty on it and its clean as heck. Its AWD, and I can get it for $19,000. as far as I can tell that is a great price. Is there anything I should know when it comes to this car as far as costs to maintain or known issues with this year or model? I called local BMW dealer and spoke to my my friends old coworker who is a service writer and she said the car has only had maintainances done with no issues on anything else and she cannot off the top of her head think of anything as far as common problems with this year or model.. I just want to know if a year from now I am looking at a money pit possibly? I work at an Audi dealership so my techs could do the regular stuff but some stuff they couldn't handle here due to correct tools or electronics.. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
That should be a solid year model ...... we have almost 80,000 trouble free miles on our 2014 .......

A year of factory warranty will let you discover any kinks and get remidied!

·
Registered
323 Posts
We've been very pleased with our 2015 328i. We bought ours as a CPO with 18K, BMW dealer had replaced all four tires as part of the CPO process. So far it's been an oil change and a set of wipers. I did have the alignment done right after we purchased it. Our is at 31K now.

The N20 does have timing chain guide issues, I think they did a design change mid 2014MY. With the XDrive, change the differential and transfer case oils every 30K. Spark plugs at 60K, and coils as needed. I believe BMW extended the warranty for timing chain issues to 7Y or 70K.

Several good tools for troubleshooting and coding. Bimmerlink is great tool for reading and clear codes, Bimmercode is great for coding, changing how comfort close works, or disabling Auto Start/Stop for example.
You might want to run the VIN thru one of the online VIN decoders. This one works well, there are others. This will list the standard and options that are installed.

http://bimmer.work/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts