BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today replaced 2G Bridgestone RFTs with 3G RFTs, RE960AS RFT. Immediately felt/believed/sensed that ride was waaaay smoother and less hard. Nothing scientific in my initial impressions and will give the tires a workout on the incredibly bumpy Mulholland Drive pothole ridden scenic wonder way which is a great test for RFT qualities IMHO. Very optimistic that it is possible to have run flats and a good ride.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've got 3rd generation RE050A 225/40/18s on the front and 255/35/18s on the rear on my 2012. I agree they are much quieter than expected for RFTs and smooth rolling even in cold weather. Our version of your drive is the Georgetown Pike here in DC area its like a super downhill on tight two lane road.

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
These comments are welcome and encouraging. I am curious, how much did you pay for a set of 3G RFTs?

·
Registered
54 Posts
When did the third gen RFT come out? Is it possible to tell which generation a tire is? I ask because my car got new tires from the dealer last summer - hoping they might be 3G.

·
Registered
21 X5 xDrive40i
640 Posts
These comments are welcome and encouraging. I am curious, how much did you pay for a set of 3G RFTs?
The BS S001 are what they are putting on the new 3 & 4 series F30 & F32. Those tires have been getting decent reviews. It will be interesting to see what BMW puts on the F80 & F82 M versions of the 3er & 4 Series.

A set of BS S001 Max Summer RFT will run you in the area of $1600. A set of the BS RE960 AS RFT will run you $1200.

Both are 3rd Gen RFT. Non of the other BS RFT are 3rd Gen

Michilen is now producing a PSS RFT for the C7 Vet. Sizes are limited and I haven't really read any review comments on them yet.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Today replaced 2G Bridgestone RFTs with 3G RFTs, RE960AS RFT. Immediately felt/believed/sensed that ride was waaaay smoother and less hard. Nothing scientific in my initial impressions and will give the tires a workout on the incredibly bumpy Mulholland Drive pothole ridden scenic wonder way which is a great test for RFT qualities IMHO. Very optimistic that it is possible to have run flats and a good ride.
This is good to hear; have the same tires coming in this week. Damn things have been on back order for a few weeks now. :mad:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.