BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

Looking to buy a warranty on my recently purchased 2006 550i with 67,000 miles.

Came across a company called "Wanted Auto Protect". Seemed legit, called them and the rep I spoke to seemed nice and knowledgable, but that means nothing.

A simple google search of the company will reveal some troubling reviews, but there seems to be some dispute from the company on the legitimacy of those reviews. I just don't know who to trust.

The safe alternative of course is to pay the 7 grand AAA quoted me for a 48,000 mile/4 year bumper-bumper warranty financed at a monthly rate.

But the $3200 I was quoted by this company, and companies like it, is far more attractive obviously.

So does anyone have any experience with this company, or any recommendations for third party warranty companies?

I am also open to any kind of manufacuer warranty I could get if I am even eligible for one. I only have 67,000 miles.

Or am I just better off paying up for the AAA warranty since it is obviously a well-known and reputable company?

After all, I am paying for peace of mind, which I might not even get with a third party warranty even if they are a fraction of the price.

7 grand seems insane for a warranty, but I'd rather pay that and have it cover a 15k engine replacement than pay the 3200 and have them deny my claims.

Input? Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
52 Posts
if BMW covers maintenance under their extended warranty then get that. I wouldn't blindly recommend getting a third party warranty. They want you to get oil changes on their terms from a shop and not when your maintenance indicator says so(for me its 6months or 10,000KM), they want you to call them before getting anything fixed under warranty, they want you to get the work done at their recommended place.

I got a third party warranty, but it cost less than half the BMW extended warranty. I haven't had anything done under warranty so I can't even say how good or bad it is (yet, knock on wood). From what I gather on forums and owning one, I wouldn't keep a bimmer without a good all inclusive warranty.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts