BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

This guy is certainly a Mini enthusiast

1K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  Kaz 
#1 ·
G
#3 ·
I'm tempted to get in line. I will admit to being smitten with the car after reading the reviews and seeing it in person and in pics. I'd want an "S". But, well, it makes no sense for me. I almost wish I were 22 and single again so I could buy one.

#4 ·
I'm thinking about trading my car in for a Mini S actually. A coworker of mine is very seriously thinking about getting one. He said he could order one and get it in August or so, yes, at MSRP! They also unofficially announced dealership in Texas at Roadfly's Mini board! :thumb:

--Andrew

#5 ·
TD said:
I'm tempted to get in line. I will admit to being smitten with the car after reading the reviews and seeing it in person and in pics. I'd want an "S". But, well, it makes no sense for me. I almost wish I were 22 and single again so I could buy one.
I'm 23 and single! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

--Andrew

#10 ·
ayn said:

have u been in a Mini? if you've been in one, i think you'd want one too.

--Andrew
Nope, only seen the outside.

The interior seems kind of gimmiky though, certainly nicer than the Ford :dunno:

A used Integra Type-R would be a nice, more practical alternative to both.

I certainly have no desire to get rid of my 328Ci for one :dunno:

#11 ·
I had a deposit for a Mini but I changed my mind. The wait for a S at this particular dealership was way till next June (only dealership in the SF bay area that was offering MSRP plus $300 of window etching). My thought was that things may have changed by that time. I am not used to paying MSRP.

Instead, I am looking at older Miatas. They certainly have depreciated fast (you can get a 1999 for less than $15k).

#14 ·
Hmmm, this 2000 model has 24k km and is selling for $24,900.

Just to get an idea of the gouging going on over this car, check out this one:

Another 2000 model, with 28k km and not much more than an alarm. The price? $33,500. They were under $32,000 NEW.

Regardless, I want one. :thumb:

#15 ·
Mystikal said:
Hmmm, this 2000 model has 24k km and is selling for $24,900.

Just to get an idea of the gouging going on over this car, check out this one:

Another 2000 model, with 28k km and not much more than an alarm. The price? $33,500. They were under $32,000 NEW.

Regardless, I want one. :thumb:
How can you tell they're real type Rs though? I'd figure by this point it'd be impossible to tell which Integra Type "R"s are real type Rs unless I run a VIN check.

If it wasn't such a popular "rice" mobile, I'd give it half a second of thought. As is, there's even more stigma attached to a type R than buying a BMW.

#18 ·
I love the way the Mini looks and I hear it drives great. I just can't get past the interior-- not so much the way it looks -- but the way its built. Everything is kind of tacky or flimsy feeling. Even the whole top of the dashboard can be moved w/ your hand. I was in Munich a few weeks ago and checked out the MINI dealer there. They had lots of them-- and all of the interiors seemed somewhat poorly built. The ergonomics kind of suck too- with the window switches as little toggle switches in the middle and a tiny radio. Yeah, yeah- i know its all about driving fun-- but you still spend a lot of time in a car just driving along--and I like to have a car w/ a solid well built interior. ACtually my e46 doesn't really fit this description either. :dunno:

#19 ·
The HACK said:

How can you tell they're real type Rs though? I'd figure by this point it'd be impossible to tell which Integra Type "R"s are real type Rs unless I run a VIN check.
Real Type Rs have 5bolt wheels, among a handful of other things that aren't easy/cheap enough to change.

I know someone selling one here in LA...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.