BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
Jag drivers are a totally different animal than us. They're used to decades of un-reliable and cars that would crap out at the first sign of asphalt. This guy is probably ecstatic that his car lasted past 6,000 miles without a massive, catastrophic engine failure.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: XK

Nat Brown said:
Oh, now you've got me flaming Jag owners....

http://www.xk8.net/xtype/messages/messages/3083.html

--gary
:D

It was funny reading their justification for AWD. One guy keeps mentioning the Porshe AWD as a better performer than the Porshe RWD. He keeps forgetting that the reason why the X-type is AWD is because it is based on a FWD platform and AWD was the only way Ford could make it a semi-stable platform. Both the Porshe and the BMW AWD started their lives as RWD cars.

Anyway, it shows that when it comes to cars, it is still quite an emotional purchase. :bigpimp:

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Re: XK

Nat Brown said:
Oh, now you've got me flaming Jag owners....

http://www.xk8.net/xtype/messages/messages/3083.html

--gary
LOL, as I was browsing the board I restrained myself from shooting them down. I mean really, it's almost adorable how much they love their cars. One guy even mentioned that Jaguar's are more reliable than BMW's, his has even been out of the shop for 4 days straight now.
man...i use to drive a 325 and now I think they are so boring, mechanical, and no passion. I'd take my X-Type anyday, sleek styling, no problems (already 4 days running!)...
Sure, it may be sarcasm, but then again, sarcasm is the playful way of speaking the bare truth.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Sad

It's really a pathetic board. The traffic is low and there aren't any self-appointed "experts" to correct their mistakes, so they wallow in their own slop.

"Skid control??? This car won't skid!"
"Who needs speed, a Jag is a work of art and a gentleman's coach."
"My car is almost perfect, except for that pesky check engine light. Could that be important?" BOARD ADVICE: Don't worry about it.

Sad

--gary

·
O.G.
8,376 Posts
Re: Sad

Nat Brown said:
It's really a pathetic board. The traffic is low and there aren't any self-appointed "experts" to correct their mistakes, so they wallow in their own slop.

Agreed. It's so funny how they all bash BMWs and talk about how much they LOVE their cars, even with the MANY problems. :lmao: :thumbdwn: :lmao: :thumbdwn:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.