BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
looking for a car
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i dont think i need to say anythin else the picture says it all. to top it off i drove about 45 miles today and i had just filled up yesterday. and my tank was full now its 1/4 empty already. so if u do the math 1/4 tank divided by 45 miles its roughly 10mpg give or take .5:mad:

might have to look into a motorcycle

·
Registered
52 Posts
Have you changed your 02 sensors? How old are the cats? If you are above 80K on the ODO and are still on the original O2 sensors and cats I suspect they are on the way out and the cause of your low milage figures. The 02 sensors are a cheap and easy DYI for $72 each (for the front 2) and should signifigantly improve your milage if the old ones are toast.

Good luck.

·
Stimulus Package
4,245 Posts
Um, what was the question?

I'm sorry, I was distracted by the apparent fact that it was 114 degrees at 11:43 p.m when you shot that picture. Where the hell do you live, Hell?

·
looking for a car
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Elvis530i said:
Um, what was the question?

I'm sorry, I was distracted by the apparent fact that it was 114 degrees at 11:43 p.m when you shot that picture. Where the hell do you live, Hell?
i had a feeling someeone was gonna ask that my temp sensor is tied up in the bumper becuase the part u put it in got torn up so the cars reading the heat given off by the engine not outside lol

and i have 107k on the car and ive never changed the 02 sensors or the cats i bougt the car at 106. i highly dougt they were changed because my water pumps went out last week and it was orginal

1 - 4 of 4 Posts