BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I placed my order for a 325i at the end of February. Car was ordered first part of March. Production finished in South Africa on 4/17. Car shipped to Bremerhaven arriving 5/13. Car is supposedly, "en route", but not scheduled to arrive until 6/18 at VPC. Why over a month? Now on the owner's circle site delivery date is scheduled for 6/24. Please tell me that's delivery date to my dealer.

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Hey Richard,

I know the wait can be frustrating. Most of us have gone through that when we hung out at Bimmer.org.

Well, shipping from Bremerhaven to US can take up a month depending on where your VPC is located. A month of shipping sounds more like a west coast delivery. Am I right?

·
Registered
674 Posts
Good news is thats the estimated date YOU take delivery, bad news is that is only an estimated date. Mine was 5/20, but didnt take delivery until 5/24. I hear you tho, I also placed my order at the end of Feb, the 3 months is already long enough..... But its all worth it when you pick her up so.... just be patient, I was told many many many times. ;)

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Vince,
I'm in Chicago so I assume it would be an east coast delivery. I think the rep said New Jersey. I also think I'm on a Mitsui OSK boat so I can't track shipping. They had me listed on a boat named "Cosmos Venture" which a first I thought was a sick joke. The name is very appropriate.

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Aye, then it shouldn't take 4 weeks.

Check out here though:

http://www.bremen-ports.de/

richard said:
Vince,
I'm in Chicago so I assume it would be an east coast delivery. I think the rep said New Jersey. I also think I'm on a Mitsui OSK boat so I can't track shipping. They had me listed on a boat named "Cosmos Venture" which a first I thought was a sick joke. The name is very appropriate.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.