Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Not topless in NE
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard of this in the past but didn't think that they worked reliably.

Phazer

·
Car Junkie
3,390 Posts
The Phazer (and most other products made by Rocky Mountain) are total POSes from my own research. I remember reading an article where the author bought a "radar detector" and a "laser jammer/detector" from the company and opened them up....to find the exact same hardware inside. :rolleyes:

·
In Mod Heaven
2,763 Posts
Yeah, a friend of mine has the phaser in his 328. He said that he hasn't gotten any tickets with it, but then again, cops are too prevalent in Buffalo. The fact that its effective range is 200 ft would keep me from ever purchasing something like this.

This wouldn't work for you if:

1. Were on a straightaway and the cop gunned you further out than 200 ft, which in most cases is what happens. If he got you speeding 250 ft out and then his radar bonks out, he'll still pull you over if the radar read 85 prior to it bugging out.

2. Were one of only a few other cars on the road. A cop doesn't necessarily need a radar to tell if someone is speeding.

I'll stick with my radar detector which gives me a heads up from over a mile away.

·
Not topless in NE
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jetfire said:
The Phazer (and most other products made by Rocky Mountain) are total POSes from my own research. I remember reading an article where the author bought a "radar detector" and a "laser jammer/detector" from the company and opened them up....to find the exact same hardware inside. :rolleyes:
I obviously cannot defend them but many products have the same hardware with different software running on it.

·
Registered
259 Posts
The only jammers that actually work are active jammers. Unfortunately for motorists, these are illegal unless you have appicable FCC permits. If you use an active jammer illegally, I believe it is a felony.

·
OMGWTFBBQ
11,262 Posts
Ack said:
The fact that its effective range is 200 ft would keep me from ever purchasing something like this.
I don't really buy into what they're saying, but they are saying that it works from ~3 miles max to 200 feet minimum, at which point the car will burn through and it is no longer effective.

·
In Mod Heaven
2,763 Posts
I don't really buy into what they're saying, but they are saying that it works from ~3 miles max to 200 feet minimum, at which point the car will burn through and it is no longer effective.
Thanks for pointing that out Clyde! :thumbup: I missed that first part. There are those "Your Speed Is" radar stations on the sides of the highway here, I should ask to take a ride with my friend to test the range out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts