BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to see where you wired your concealed display unit and see how "stealth" your wiring is. I recently got my V1 and it came with the wires that have the bulky ends so I replaced them with "regular" telephone cord. See what I mean below? Don't mind the tape. I was trying to train the cord to lay like that :)

You can see how the "regular" cord helps with removing the bulkiness of the connector cover of the original wire.

Still not pleased with the wire being seen, I quickly decided to take the cluster out of the dash and hide the wire behind there. Now you can't see any wires :D

·
Slacker Extraordinaire
1,817 Posts
Hey, I was thinking about purchasing a V1 pretty soon.

Where can I purchase one at a reasonable price?

·
Double Bimmers
1,176 Posts
Hey, that last pic is a lot like my intstall:thumbup: :thumbup:

NICE WORK.

I also have my wire behind the dash, but about 1" of mine can be seen out the left side. How did you keep it from poking out the side a little?

One thing I did was take a black marker and cover all the white markings and lettering on the concealed display, just to make it not so easy to tell it was a radar detector if someone is snooping around my car.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
U3S2A5 said:
Hey, I was thinking about purchasing a V1 pretty soon.

Where can I purchase one at a reasonable price?
i'd say ebay or something. you could also call valentine and ask if they have any refurb units which you can purchase for about 50-60 less. and most are really refurbished, but ppl who sent it back after the 30 day trial...

·
Into the dark ages
1,523 Posts
put it inside the dash

someone posted this long ago...i think it was on .org. i think this is the ultimate in concealing a V1.

there was someone else who hid it behind the rearview mirror. they sanded away a bit of the mirror to reveal the V1.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts