BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the dealer today, some infuriated E66 customer came in insisting to see the General Manager. It appears he managed to damange both the front and rear fenders and bumpers by hitting a wall. He claimed the PDC did not work, and that was the direct reason why he hit the wall.

Ever wonder why BMW is hesitant to bring all the cool options to the North American market? Well this is why. The guy caused about $4,000 in body damage and insisted that BMW had to pay to fix the car becasue it was their fault he smashed up the car. Had the PDC not malfunctioned, he claimed he would not have damaged the car, so therefore BMW should pay.

As long as there are people like that, we will never have a chance in getting the options the foreign markets have.

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,535 Posts
The E65 curse hath beguneth.....

Doc,

Our 1st 745Li demo had bad luck too. It's initial venture from the showroom ended in disaster; a month later, and the thing is still in the bodyshop...

Then, last Wednesday, I had the day off. I came back on Thursday only to find that someone had stolen all 4 19" Radial Spoke Alloys from my only available 745i - the only other E65 that I had in stock. They found the car resting on sandstone boulders from the Cutter Botanical Gardens... So, we had to put some chrome AC Schnitzers on it in the meantime, and then someone came in Friday and decided to buy it (but wanted to have the stock wheels). I did the deal, and now I have to find a set fast...

The E65 is cursed, I am convinced!
:-(((
:thumbdwn:

DrBimmer said:
At the dealer today, some infuriated E66 customer came in insisting to see the General Manager. It appears he managed to damange both the front and rear fenders and bumpers by hitting a wall. He claimed the PDC did not work, and that was the direct reason why he hit the wall.

Ever wonder why BMW is hesitant to bring all the cool options to the North American market? Well this is why. The guy caused about $4,000 in body damage and insisted that BMW had to pay to fix the car becasue it was their fault he smashed up the car. Had the PDC not malfunctioned, he claimed he would not have damaged the car, so therefore BMW should pay.

As long as there are people like that, we will never have a chance in getting the options the foreign markets have.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My dealer has a set of 19s with tires on them from an angry customer that purchased them after the sale (the car originally came with the 18s). They came back and complained and had the 19s taken off because it gave a harsh ride. I don't know if the tires or rims are defective, but I do know they are just sitting there. I don't think the customer is taking them back. If only they were a little closer to you...

·
My wife drives the 325i
996 Posts
Jon,

This is discouraging news. First, the paint ball fiasco and now theft too. Regardless, we appreciate your continued support and enthusiasm for this board!

Glad to learn about Franco's reprieve. Obviously, his sales' intuition is good. Speaking of unusual car options, I spotted a 2002 330i in metallic violet today. Is this likely to be aftermarket paint?

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,535 Posts
And that's not all...

:-//

At month-end close (well, actually, on the 1st of every month) I have to take a physical inventory of all of my new vehicles (Bimmers, Audis, and Land Rovers). I reconcile this with my "book inventory", and there's usually never a problem. Until today...
I am currently missing a Dolphin Gray Audi A4 1.8T CVT...
:mad:
I will be contacting Law Enforcement if it doesn't show up on Moday. (Could be an "inside job" - someone say, from the detail dept., "borrowing" a car for the weekend)... Just today we had to fire an employee for an unapproved cruising of a CPO 2001 740iL though the barrios of the East Side of Santa Barbara)...

Parump said:
Jon,

This is discouraging news. First, the paint ball fiasco and now theft too. Regardless, we appreciate your continued support and enthusiasm for this board!

Glad to learn about Franco's reprieve. Obviously, his sales' intuition is good. Speaking of unusual car options, I spotted a 2002 330i in metallic violet today. Is this likely to be aftermarket paint?

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,535 Posts
Yeah - it never ends

Just about an hour ago I was summoned our Security Group to return to the dealership. They informed me that somebody had accidentally? left the door to the Cutter Boutique unlocked...

So you see Parump, the Paint Ball episode was nuthin'...

:tsk:

Yeah, I was glad to see that Franco was reprieved after all as well... Next month makes it 2 years that I have been lucky enough to have him as my Internet Sales Manager. He's a sharp guy, and has done a fabulous job with my highly-prized clients and friends.

A violet E46? I know of a few "Techno Violet" E46 M3's running around on the East Coast...
:dunno:

·
Premium Member
11,052 Posts
ALEX325i said:
What a dumb a$$... :tsk: I guess PDC gives you a license to forget all about driving, huh? :tsk:
If PDC means I can forget about looking then cruise control means my car drives itself? :dunno:

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Jon Shafer said:
And that's not all...

:-//

At month-end close (well, actually, on the 1st of every month) I have to take a physical inventory of all of my new vehicles (Bimmers, Audis, and Land Rovers). I reconcile this with my "book inventory", and there's usually never a problem. Until today...
I am currently missing a Dolphin Gray Audi A4 1.8T CVT...
:mad:
I will be contacting Law Enforcement if it doesn't show up on Moday. (Could be an "inside job" - someone say, from the detail dept., "borrowing" a car for the weekend)... Just today we had to fire an employee for an unapproved cruising of a CPO 2001 740iL though the barrios of the East Side of Santa Barbara)...

Damn Jon, sorry to hear that... Yeah, I guess you're right. It never ends... :(

I'll keep my fingers crossed for some better luck for Cutter Motors! :thumb:

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,535 Posts
DrBimmer said:
I took a "heater" telephone call from an angry customer a short while back... A Dad had bought his son an M3, and then was pissed off because the car was too fast ...

(his son was getting too many tickets)

He fabricated this whole strategy to try to get me to take the car back (for the full price that he had paid for the car)...

[email protected]!!

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Re: Re: Thought I'd heard it all...

Jon Shafer said:

I took a "heater" telephone call from an angry customer a short while back... A Dad had bought his son an M3, and then was pissed off because the car was too fast ...

He fabricated this whole strategy to try to get me to take the car back (for the full price that he had paid for the car)...

[email protected]!!
:lmao: How convenient...

Jon, I can only imagine the kind of calls you've gotten so far...

·
Hated by hater haters
1,652 Posts

Jon Shafer said:

Oh, tell him he can come trade it for our 323i. Might not stop his kid from getting tickets, but it's not too fast.

The kid will probably end up missing a downshift and blowing up the engine anyway.

·
Premium Member
11,052 Posts
Jon Shafer said:
That's where we're headed alee with "active" cruise control, a la E65...
Straight out of Knight Rider. The car will talk to you, drive for you, and call for help once you've been too much of an idiot and stuff your car into a tree.

·
Registered
104 Posts

Jon Shafer said:

[email protected]!!
I don't mind trading mine with M3 :D

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Re: Yeah - it never ends

Jon Shafer said:

A violet E46? I know of a few "Techno Violet" E46 M3's running around on the East Coast...
:dunno:
I'd like to see one of them in my garage:thumb:

Sorry to hear of the recent troubles Jon:(

1 - 17 of 17 Posts