BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any experience with, or thoughts on the AA Rotrex C38 Supercharger Kit. They claim 320hp when installed on the M52 platform. (Which seems optimistic!!) ECS wants $5495.00/US. From what I've been able to read, its a superior kit to the Vortech offering. I'm not interested in moving to another platform, but would be willing to spend the money if it was going to be reliable, drive-able performance. Love to hear the forums input, but please don't suggest that I simply upgrade to a different vehicle. Thought about posting this in the 'Forced Induction" forum, but there doesn't seem to be much traffic over there. Thanks

· Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like a nice, complete kit. Certainly cheaper than ESS twin-screw offerings. As for superiority over the Vortech kit? Centrifugal SCs are centrifugal SCs, if you ask me.
True. From what I've been able to read, they(AA) do a much better job with the tune aspect of the kit. Closer to an actual "bolt on" or "Plug N Play" system. If there is such a thing?!?

Thanks for the reply

· Registered
2,840 Posts
Hi,

There's even less posts and S/C'd owners on this E39 section!

To get more forum based information, experiences and feedback, head over to bimmerforums instead and search there as there's significantly more posts about supercharging various E39 variants.

Keep in mind, that on top of the supercharging cost, you'll need to also significantly improve your braking system/abilities and also your suspension. This also would all be after you overhaul and improve your current base engine to be as close to new spec and performance. Giving the engine as it is now a going over and replacing worn or faulty aspects will go a long way in having that reliable S/C install you mention is important.

Cheers, Dennis!

Cheers, Dennis!

· Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi,

There's even less posts and S/C'd owners on this E39 section!

To get more forum based information, experiences and feedback, head over to bimmerforums instead and search there as there's significantly more posts about supercharging various E39 variants.

Keep in mind, that on top of the supercharging cost, you'll need to also significantly improve your braking system/abilities and also your suspension. This also would all be after you overhaul and improve your current base engine to be as close to new spec and performance. Giving the engine as it is now a going over and replacing worn or faulty aspects will go a long way in having that reliable S/C install you mention is important.

Cheers, Dennis!

Cheers, Dennis!
Thanks for the input Dennis. I'll take a look for sure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.