BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm currently in a market for a certified preowned 328i xDrive. I did happen to find one online and I was wondering if you guys could give me your thoughts on it? Does the price seem reasonable? (I get to take advantage of the college grad program, so you can knock 1.5k off the listed price before negotiation :thumbup:)

http://www.bmwoffairfax.com/certifi...ve+Sedan-3372ab1f0a0e0a1725669ccf06340ced.htm

If this is a car I'm planning to keep for around 5 years, is 37.5k miles too high? Is there any larger than usual maintenance that is required around the 60k mile mark? If so, would it make sense to opt for an extended maintenance plan? I called the dealership today and the salesperson said that it has the factory maintenance until 3/2017 or up to 50k miles.

How has the N26 been so far? Any major complaints or additional things I should know or take into consideration?

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
303 Posts
I have a 2013 328i with about the same options and a manual transmission. I've been quite happy with it. I think that a reasonable deal for a CPO. I am not aware of any big ticket items which typically arrive around d 60k. At some point you'll need brakes but when is really a function of how it's been driven. BMW would do them free under free maintenance but they probably won't be needed before 50k. If you could get them to sweeten the deal by doing them now that would save you 1k+ down the road. Extended maintenance rarely makes sense. Regardless you don't need to decide now.

Good luck

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 2013 328i with about the same options and a manual transmission. I've been quite happy with it. I think that a reasonable deal for a CPO. I am not aware of any big ticket items which typically arrive around d 60k. At some point you'll need brakes but when is really a function of how it's been driven. BMW would do them free under free maintenance but they probably won't be needed before 50k. If you could get them to sweeten the deal by doing them now that would save you 1k+ down the road. Extended maintenance rarely makes sense. Regardless you don't need to decide now.

Good luck
Awesome, thanks for the feedback. I'll see if I can get them to swap out the brakes before the 50k mile mark.

·
Freedom isn't free!!
2018 Glacier Silver 340i M Sport
20,054 Posts
It looks like the front corner of the left thigh bolster of the driver's seat has some kind of damage to it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It looks like the front corner of the left thigh bolster of the driver's seat has some kind of damage to it.
I noticed that too. It looks like there's a little bit of wear on the passenger seat too. I mentioned it to the salesperson when I spoke with them over the phone. He said that these pictures were most likely taken as soon as they got the vehicle in stock before they sent it to their detailing center to get rid of the shoe scuffs on the inside of the door and the leather. He said he would double check that for me and get back to me on Monday, so I'll be sure to update you on what he has to say about that.

·
Freedom isn't free!!
20,054 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks nice. Very well equipped. As well equipped as it is it's a little odd that it lacks the premium package. For this car that mainly means no comfort access and no power lumbar support.
Haha I know right? During my search I found it so odd that people would max out their cars - tech package, cold weather, pretty much all of the packages EXCEPT backup cam/sensors. So bizarre.

Lumbar and comfort access isn't a huge deal-breaker for me, and it's cool that they added the harmon kardon and the sunroof as additional options. I'll be happy as long as it has keyless start :)

·
Freedom isn't free!!
20,054 Posts
Haha I know right? During my search I found it so odd that people would max out their cars - tech package, cold weather, pretty much all of the packages EXCEPT backup cam/sensors. So bizarre.

Lumbar and comfort access isn't a huge deal-breaker for me, and it's cool that they added the harmon kardon and the sunroof as additional options. I'll be happy as long as it has keyless start :)
It definitely has keyless start. Yeah, HK is a nice addition that usually gets left off. I agree, lack of CA and lumbar isn't a deal breaker. And it has all the other good stuff. I suppose if I was ordering and trying to save a little money I'd probably choose HK over CA and lumbar. But, it's a little crazy, because it only saved $600. Not much given all that other equipment.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just to update - the dealer said that the leather and scuffs inside were taken care of, so the interior is in pristine condition. However, they wouldn't negotiate at all so I had to walk away. No biggie, I'll keep an eye out for another one. Thanks for your feedback everyone

·
Freedom isn't free!!
20,054 Posts
Hey everyone

I found another one online that immediately caught my eye and I will be picking it up this Saturday!! Pics will follow soon :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Wanna let us have a peek? :)

·
Freedom isn't free!!
20,054 Posts
This is all I'll show...for now :D
If the dealer can send me a better picture I MIGHT show you guys today, else you're gonna have to hang tight with me :rofl:
hmmmm, it has M Sport, leather, cold weather, nav..... :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.