BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Currently overseas
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came across this guy selling his 2003 E46 M3 coupe with 34,000 miles. He says he's the original owner. It's an SMG (I know.) and seems to be a virgin, but I'll have to see it in person to make sure. It's a metallic gray and I just sent a e-mail asking to see more pictures, but overall seems pretty solid. He listed it as $17k, what do you guys think? I'm currently stationed overseas so I can't actually see the car for atleast another month, but as long as it comes back legit I might just snag it up. Anything I should look for in this year of E46 especially? I know about the subframe, cooling systems, but I'm curious if this year is suspect for something. This deal seems really good though.

·
Keeping it surreal
43,186 Posts
To most of us here, an E46 M3 is pure sex on wheels....except for the SMG, which most folks wouldn`t touch with a ten foot pole tied onto another ten foot pole. Too many potential headaches (expensive ones). Even experienced, pro repair shops have a very low opinion of them, as many have lost their ass on repair jobs gone bad....read this:

http://independentmotorcars.com/2011/01/24/smg-serious-money-gone-on-your-bmw/

Have patience, keep looking....a proper 3-pedal 6-speed will appear eventually.

Happy Hunting ! :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
I guess only reason why to consider SMG M3 would be, if you already have totaled 6-speed M3 in hands which can be used as parts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts