BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there;

Been looking for a new weekend toy and was thinking E36 M3.

Saw this ad and going to see this car hopefully this weekend. Has anyone seen this car? Any major issues I should be asking about.

My intention is to drive the car semi-daily and on weekends. No intention to track the car.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/esd/cto/2281626390.html

·
Registered
276 Posts
Look for a MT not automatic if ur gettin an m3.
And ask for the regular e36 stuff
Cooling system
Bushings
And look at the stickie for e36 problems also a vert means more weight and more issues.

Sent from my PC36100 using Bimmer App

·
Registered
4 Posts
if thats what you want simply go there have the guy tell you everything that he thinks is wrong or needs addressed...then take it to a bmw tech have it ckd from top to bottom...then compare what owner said needed help, verses what the tech determined....then you make any adjustments to the price or you can have the guy fix the stuff either or?..but the trick to this working is have the owner tell you upfront what is wrong with it....then being able to point out other things later will help you get them repaired,,

I personally wouldnt want an automatic....m3...I just assume have a honda...oh I do...lol..

drive a manual then drive and auto and youll see why I say manual is the choice..

but I dont know everything u may have a reason for the auto I dunno...not my money..lol..

·
Really Senior Moments
497 Posts
If it checks out, having a vert in San Diego or Cali in general wouldn't be too bad, even with an auto. If it checks out well, I'd put a 3.91 or a 4.10 limited slip diff in it and call it a day. The diff will negate any advantage a speed would have in terms of speed. Besides, when I was in Cali, I got stuck on the 405 on Friday afternoon, A clutch would not make that experience any better...

·
Registered
276 Posts
Thats problably a good price ive seen some for a little higher but it all depends on the condition.
Also ive seen a a red bmw for about 10000 idk if u would want to search for its in california i dont remember the city though

Sent from my PC36100 using Bimmer App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.