Bimmerfest BMW banner

12241 - 12260 of 13423 Posts

·
What Speed Limit?
2,191 Posts
Ugh if it's not one thing, it's another. Now I can't get the drivers door to lock. I replaced the actuator. But I can't get it to lock with the switch. I can do the unlock with the key, but it feels like something is jammed up because it won't turn to lock at all. Parked another car right next to it so no one can get in the car. Have to try and sort it tomorrow or source a used latch assembly. Bloody hell...

Sent from Uranus with Love

·
What Speed Limit?
2,191 Posts
Bought a new (used) latch assembly from picknpull. Everything works now. That was annoying lol.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Hopefully it'll be smooth sailing from here! Lol

·
What Speed Limit?
2,191 Posts
Spent the last 2 hours driving it around town. Runs good. Just need to get used to the clutch again. Forgot it's got more power than the old 540, so I don't need to put down as much throttle lol.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Spent the last 2 hours driving it around town. Runs good. Just need to get used to the clutch again. Forgot it's got more power than the old 540, so I don't need to put down as much throttle lol.

What about the key? Did you remember to order a spare key?

·
What Speed Limit?
2,191 Posts
What about the key? Did you remember to order a spare key?
I would but I don't have my registration yet. I talked to the two local dealers if insurance I have would cover along with the paperwork from when I got it. But they said it has to be registration, even if it's for the plastic key. So until whenever the hell I get that, new key will have to wait.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Looking good!

·
What Speed Limit?
2,191 Posts
I'll admit, the wheels do look better when they are cleaned up. Still, I'll eventually source some 65's when spring comes around for a summer set.

·
What Speed Limit?
2,191 Posts
Wow, this car really does have a weak a** horn. Definitely going to replace this in the future.

Maybe I'll slap one of those Cadillac 4 note horns on lol.

·
What Speed Limit?
2,191 Posts
Got the heated seats working in the car. Turns out the fuse in the fuse box was missing. So nice now having a warm butt again in this freezing cold weather lol.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Heated seats are a wonderful thing... love having them in my V70R.

·
What Speed Limit?
2,191 Posts
Now I know why the nav gps doesn't work. No idea how to fix that, if even possible. 20191204_131957.jpg

·
What Speed Limit?
2,191 Posts
Nevermind. Can buy a new cable. Annoyingly though I need a new window regulator for the driver side rear. Oh joy..

·
Wingnut
3,647 Posts
dorman regulators from autozone are guaranteed for life, though they dont last forever. and id guess you know about buying the ones from ebay.

·
What Speed Limit?
2,191 Posts
dorman regulators from autozone are guaranteed for life, though they dont last forever. and id guess you know about buying the ones from ebay.
Well I don't think any of them last forever, even OEM lol. Just a bad design in my opinion. Never bought one from ebay nor ever will lol. Might just pick up one from a junkyard car for the time being and leave the switch disconnected. No ones ever in the back of my cars anyways. Eventually when spring comes around, I'm going to replace all of them at once with new motors along with the vapor barriers, door panel clips and anything else. Won't be cheap, but better to do it all at once so I won't have to tear it all apart again later on.

Funny enough, it's not the first time the thing has been replaced. The motor has a manufacture date of 2007. Course that could just be the motor itself that was swapped, but who knows.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Good thing you can still get a new cable, that looks shielded. Not easy to repair that!

·
Registered Non-OP
14,496 Posts

·
Registered Non-OP
14,496 Posts
Plus my wagon is also Oxford Green, so it would be a perfect match to have two green 5 series Tourings. It would be my wifes ride

12241 - 12260 of 13423 Posts