BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
14801 - 14820 of 14882 Posts

·
What Speed Limit?
2,711 Posts

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
EVERYTHING is permanent. There's no end in sight to the stupidity and excuses!

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14,803 ·

·
Habitual User
'03 540, '03 M5
1,075 Posts
A year ago, it cost around $6500.00 to $7500.00 for a team to go cross country.
Try $15000.00 now AND, there is still tight capacity.

Over 100 ships offshore in LA harbor, waiting to be offloaded.
Yeah, the supply chain is a mess.

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
WTF, FedEx was a day late last week with what I ordered.
Last Friday I ordered more parts which they say will arrive today, yeah right.
7:40 PM hear now and the parts are 750 miles away.

View attachment 1041874
Another excuse, at least it made it to Henderson CO. What’s with the initially expected Friday, it was Thursday.
No way it’s going to be here today.

Product Rectangle Azure Font Material property

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14,807 ·
My package has been departed from 28 ish miles away since Monday, and should have been here yesterday. Yes, I give my packages names.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
They should be able to read the name... maybe they'll take the hint 😂

Yeah right!!

·
What Speed Limit?
2,711 Posts
Like I said before. Pretty sure they just throw darts at a map and send the package there.

S**t with those assholes, I'm expecting to hear that my package was somehow delivered to Yoda's address on the planet Degobah!

"Your package I have, hmm yes".

·
Certifiable BMW Whackjob!
6,731 Posts
My package has been departed from 28 ish miles away since Monday, and should have been here yesterday. Yes, I give my packages names.
If the package ends up on the wrong truck headed across the country it "disappears" from tracking until it comes back off the truck and gets scanned again...4 days later...in Idaho!
Then again, I had a package last year that sat in Detroit for about a month at USPS.

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14,811 ·
If the package ends up on the wrong truck headed across the country it "disappears" from tracking until it comes back off the truck and gets scanned again...4 days later...in Idaho!
Then again, I had a package last year that sat in Detroit for about a month at USPS.
It just made its way back to Blohio. And I updated the name to reflect my disapproval of the service.

·
Registered
‘89 325i, ‘98 528i, ‘99 528i, ‘03 325i
327 Posts
A year ago, it cost around $6500.00 to $7500.00 for a team to go cross country.
Try $15000.00 now AND, there is still tight capacity.

Over 100 ships offshore in LA harbor, waiting to be offloaded.
Yeah, the supply chain is a mess.

I was supposed to be rigging in a new vascular lab at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta today. System is still in Long Beach Harbor and I’m home. Also, new x-ray equipment I have scheduled for delivery/rigging next week is on the fence because Merit United Van Lines can’t find driver’s/teams. They’re going third party for trucking which sucks, makes my job a lot harder.

But hey, I get to watch football today.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
I'm about to start my own shipping company... the big guys are really proving their uselessness!

Reactions: matt540

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14,814 ·
Well my wife’s car needs new front tires. Ive been driving it 40ish miles one way to Detroit and back every other day. Today she was outside and noticed decent size crack in the sidewall. Not sure how long its been like that, but probably shouldn’t drive it till the new tires are on. Could be an interesting ride if it blew out at 90 ish mph.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Ooof... glad you caught it before it ended in a blowout!

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14,817 ·
Hats off to your wife for doing a competent "Pre-Trip"!

Bandit
I was aware it needed new tires, just kept driving it while I let her use the 430gc. Planned on doing an oil change on it this weekend, but not going to worry about it till the tires are replaced.

·
What Speed Limit?
2,711 Posts
Well my wife’s car needs new front tires. Ive been driving it 40ish miles one way to Detroit and back every other day. Today she was outside and noticed decent size crack in the sidewall. Not sure how long its been like that, but probably shouldn’t drive it till the new tires are on. Could be an interesting ride if it blew out at 90 ish mph.
Super glue and send it!

Meanwhile my fedex package rotting in Memphis finally updated. Delivery will be Tuesday. Yeah right....

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14,819 ·
My package is sitting in Toledo, after spending four days 28 miles away. It went the opposite direction!!!

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
My FedEx package showed up last night, only 2 days late.
Last week I ordered a 60 foot roll of adhesive 600 grit sand paper from Amazon, 2 days ago the box shows up with 1000 grit which I will return. So last Friday night I had them ship me the correct grit, they said it would arrive today, Sunday. I’m thinking sure, no way it probably coming tomorrow.
Can’t believe it, they delivered it this morning.

14801 - 14820 of 14882 Posts