BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
15861 - 15880 of 15911 Posts

·
What Speed Limit?
3,006 Posts
I've driven RHD before in a Mitsubishi Delica. Pretty popular here in the Northwest. Was weird at first, especially being a manual shifting gears with the left hand and me sitting on the right side of the car. Got used to it after about an hour or so.

Roundabouts are ok as long as everyone else knows what they are doing. Which of course is never!

Got both fuel senders in today. Might try and get them installed tomorrow or at worst Sunday. Got just under half tank of gas so I shouldn't have to worry about any spilling.

Of course I still need to put the interior back together lol. A,B,C pillars are still out along with the visors, vanity lights etc. Rear shelf is still out too. Need to sort the rattles. But I need to replace the third brake light and the rear glass itself, then recover the rear shelf and blah blah blah more and more countless s**t I need to do lol.

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
The more rural areas around here have also adopted more and more roundabouts. The first one they built near me, which is probably going on 12+ years now, used to be a flashing red light. With how much traffic has increased since then, I couldn’t imagine how bad that intersection would be if it was still a four way stop. We have a lot of them now.

As far as people knowing what yield means, UGH! It’s annoying as hell when some moron in front of me pulls up to a roundabout and makes a complete stop… and NOBODY IS AROUND! Then when a traffic light is down and flashing due to a power outage... flashing yellow is yield, flashing red is stop. Didn’t you idiots learn this before you were handed a driver’s license? Around here, it’s either blow through it and pay zero attention to every other car, or treat it like an endless stop.

Reactions: JimLev

·
Registered
10 Posts
Why not just eat before you leave :unsure: is it not convenient enough?
Or take a 30 minute break if you drive for long hours on a road trip, a break you should have no matter what anyways.
Junk food smell linger for a while too, gross.

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
Reactions: KWN-E39

·
Registered
10 Posts
So I bought new shock towers for my S704 msport car, and it's freakishly tall in the front. Looking at H&R set that lowers the front 40mm and rear 15mm. Looking at springs because I just forked out about a grand in OE parts and H&R set comes to about 300 bucks instead of another grand in KW street comfort coilovers or similar. (Needs TUV papers for obvious reasons)
I saw a lot of conflicting hearsays when googling, does anyone in here have experience with lowering springs on m-sport shocks? Some say they will blow prematurely, others lasted years. Don't know what to think lol.

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Was the shock towers a typo or are you cutting them out and have new ones welded in?
Which BMW model and what‘s the H&R spring #?
I’ve got H&R springs with Koni FSD struts, 80+K miles on them now.

·
Registered
1999 BMW 528i
10 Posts
My car I do what I want lolol.

Yep, this sender has obviously never been touched. Time for new one. View attachment 1060323
I had to replace this guy last fall/winter as a mouse had found it fun to chew on the raised pointed portion ever so slightly. Put a hole in it just big enough to get a little stream going when the tank was full.
Drove me insane as I could smell the gas leak but couldn't find it until I took the rear seat all the way apart and stopped to get gas.
Good luck! I found the lock ring and seal a little annoying as I couldn't get it to seal right for a bit, just had to keep playing with it.

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
Ugh, yeah... $4.79/gallon right now and it's quickly rising.

·
Registered
‘89 325i, ‘98 528i, ‘99 528i, ‘03 325i
493 Posts
Gas prices indeed! I have to drive to Louisville Friday, 471 miles. Saturday at noon I start to head to Tallahassee, 665 miles, Tallahassee to home on Tuesday is 343mi. ~1500 miles at 30mpg in four days, hopeful numbers, is 50 gallons of gas. That’s $215 that used to cost half that.

Don’t ask about the crew in the F350 diesels dragging the trailers, they are running around 10MPG so 1500 miles for them is $825 at $5.50/gal.

50 gallons of gas is way cheaper than the same quantity of diesel. The mileage difference with a car vs. truck and trailer is huge too, so a 10MPG diesel truck/trailer covers the same distance with 3x the fuel that costs a lot more to buy. In my case next week, I’ll be buying 150 gallons of diesel and 50 gallons of gas. The 150 gallons of diesel will be split between two work crews, my gas will be to get to both work sites.

15861 - 15880 of 15911 Posts