BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
15881 - 15900 of 16024 Posts

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
Car is a manual 1998 523i sedan H&R numbers: 29742-1
Are Koni FSD a lowering shock or an replacement for OE?
Yes, the FSD’s are for the standard OE springs, however I‘m using then with H&R springs that drop the front 1”.

·
What Speed Limit?
3,040 Posts
Nothing like getting a NEW BMW headliner sunroof cover and the material is already coming off lolol. It's no big deal, it's getting recovered in alcantara anyways.

Side note: The foam backing that BMW uses is really thin and crappy. No wonder the fabric never stays on lol.
Automotive design Grey Hood Rectangle Wood
Shelf Stairs Rectangle Wood Door

·
Registered
5,617 Posts

·
Registered
5,617 Posts
like during the height of covid, it dropped to $1.53 a gallon here
It got to around $1.69 here for 87. Man I miss those prices!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ugh, yeah... $4.79/gallon right now and it's quickly rising.
Almost at $10/gallon here in Norway...

Yes, the FSD’s are for the standard OE springs, however I‘m using then with H&R springs that drop the front 1”.
Ah alright, gonna give H&R a go then. Car is already an s704 msport suspension so the shocks should handle it fine.

·
Registered
5,617 Posts
Almost at $10/gallon here in Norway...

Ah alright, gonna give H&R a go then. Car is already an s704 msport suspension so the shocks should handle it fine.
Ouch! I couldn't imagine.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Nothing like getting a NEW BMW headliner sunroof cover and the material is already coming off lolol. It's no big deal, it's getting recovered in alcantara anyways.

Side note: The foam backing that BMW uses is really thin and crappy. No wonder the fabric never stays on lol. View attachment 1060550 View attachment 1060551
What's the mnf date for that piece, probably old stock, maybe that's why it's disintegrating.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

·
What Speed Limit?
3,040 Posts
The plastic alone has a 2005 date molded in it. But that's for the plastic itself. Usually trim parts have a sticker with the date diiferent than what is on the plastic.

But anyways don't care because it's now recovered in fresh alcantara. Little bit of a crease shows where the garage door opener and sunroof switch are. It's only like that with those switches installed. Think it's because of the thicker foam backing compared to factory. If it gets worse I'll recover it, but as for now, I'm content. Besides, it looks a hell of a lot better than the original fabric. Old stuff was terrible and clearly done for.

Still need to recover the A,B,C pillars, rear deck and headliner. Might wait a bit on the headliner since it involves messing with the sunroof again and I'm done with dealing on that thing for now lol.

And yes the sunroof is still working fine. I'm actually using it every chance I get so things stay lubricated. Basically like the window regulators. Won't break as long as you use them. And crap I forgot I need to replace the motor on thr right rear. It died months ago and need to get it sorted.
Sleeve Grey Gadget Rectangle Cable
Rectangle Grey Asphalt Headgear Road surface

·
What Speed Limit?
3,040 Posts
And now the interior motion sensror is recovered in new alcantara. Was actually a bit hard to do using the foam backed material. Original alcantara I removed from it isn't. But oh well, the new stuff is nice and thick and gives it more of a "luxury" feel lol. There was one small crease I couldn't get out. But it's not noticable unless you are one of those really anal retentive jerks who looks for things like that to criticise over lol. Overall, I'm actually very happy how it all came out. Also looks way better compared to the old material.
Rectangle Automotive tire Tints and shades Pattern Electric blue

·
What Speed Limit?
3,040 Posts
Saw that too. Suprised he's still alive...for now lol.

Meanwhile another Fedex ground package is delayed with the same BS "Weather Delay" excuse. I didn't want to do ground, but being that it's diff fluid, it can't be shipped air. So tired of their pathetic excuses.

·
Registered
5,617 Posts
So I just saw on the news that some dude has eat'n over 33,000 big macs. I'm just not sure what to think about that. :unsure:
My stomach hurts thinking about that. I could imagine his cholesterol levels are horrifying.
Climate change morons-er I mean protesters earlier f-ing up traffic. Should've did some donuts for them in the M5 lol. View attachment 1060832
Anybody find the irony in the "climate emergency" banner being on a big diesel fire truck to be hilarious? Also, the fact that they are CAUSING TRAFFIC?

Reactions: mattmar1

·
What Speed Limit?
3,040 Posts
My stomach hurts thinking about that. I could imagine his cholesterol levels are horrifying.

Anybody find the irony in the "climate emergency" banner being on a big diesel fire truck to be hilarious? Also, the fact that they are CAUSING TRAFFIC?
Only thing causing "cLiMaTe ChAnGe" is the all the hot air of lies and fear mongering spewing out of their loud obnoxious mouths!

·
Registered
5,617 Posts
Only thing causing "cLiMaTe ChAnGe" is the all the hot air of lies and fear mongering spewing out of their loud obnoxious mouths!
For sure. Anything that the world is doing in that department is out of our hands. The way these stupid politicians (that's redundant) believe that we should change our way of life to "save the planet" is absolutely insane. Stay out of our lives! Simple things, sure. But to try to tell me to drive an EV (which when you consider the source of energy powering it, along with production, does pretty much nothing), hell naw.

15881 - 15900 of 16024 Posts