BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
16001 - 16015 of 16015 Posts

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
I saw a great one when I got gas a little bit ago! It's bad when $4.92 seems cheap.
I didn't even notice the sticker at first, it blended in with the QT logos.
Automotive tire Audio equipment Gadget Machine Wood

Also replaced the vanos seals on the E39 earlier. They were definitely due! Also did the rattle kit this time, and went ahead and replaced the timing chain tensioner while I was at it.
Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design
Wheel Motor vehicle Combat vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

Reactions: Aristoc and JimLev

·
What Speed Limit?
3,033 Posts
Got lots of obnoxious creaking from the door seals. Latches are a bit rattly too. Going to get some gummi-pfledge from the dealer and treat the seals. Didn't know they still had the stuff. Thought it was discontinued years ago. I should get around to replacing all the door seals though while they are still available. Really need to get the drivers door inner seal replaced. So tattered and worn. As for the latches, I'll try some adjustments first. If that doesn't work, I'll use some tesa tape.

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
I should really treat all of the door seals on my cars. I have a can of Wurth rubber care sitting on the shelf, which is basically the same stuff but in an aerosol. I like the applicator bottle better though.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I saw a great one when I got gas a little bit ago! It's bad when $4.92 seems cheap.
I didn't even notice the sticker at first, it blended in with the QT logos.

Also replaced the vanos seals on the E39 earlier. They were definitely due! Also did the rattle kit this time, and went ahead and replaced the timing chain tensioner while I was at it.
Hopefully you can share a pic of the guides if you did that recently and what that looks like on the engine. Haven't done mine yet.

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
Hopefully you can share a pic of the guides if you did that recently and what that looks like on the engine. Haven't done mine yet.
I didn't take a very close look at the guides, but at 253k miles, I'd say everything looks very good in here! No slop in the chain and everything is pretty clean.

Reactions: Aristoc

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
Ha, I got a CEL earlier today after the vanos refresh. The car is running fine, great actually. It was P1525 for cam sensor A. Figured maybe the sensor got bumped, then I remembered A is the intake (confirmed by Google). Well, that led me to an E46 fanatics thread, which led me to the common culprit, being the intake vanos solenoid being unplugged. I was worried that I actually screwed something up.
Can't wait to drive it tomorrow with the intake side working properly now. I can imagine how good it'll feel, the mid range power is already up from before.

·
What Speed Limit?
3,033 Posts
Lubed the door seals and added some tesa tape to the latch strikers to quiet the noises. Worked excellent! However an obnoxious rattle has now developed from the underside of the rear parcel shelf. It's always something lol. Normally I'd be irritated but it's going to get removed for when I do the suspension overhaul. Can sort the rattle then. Was hoping to do it this weekend, but it's supposed to be hot as balls out in the 90's. F-that!

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
Lol, the high in Charlotte today hit 101. I was working on a Honda timing belt in the garage. It was not pleasant!
You know it’s bad when tomorrow looks like a cool down. It’s going to be 93 😂.

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
Only 83 here at the moment.

A woman in a hot air balloon realizes she is lost. She lowers her altitude
and spots a man fishing from a boat below. She shouts to him, "Excuse me,
can you help me? I promised a friend I would meet him an hour ago, but I
don't know where I am."

The man consults his portable GPS and replies, "You're in a hot air balloon,
approximately 30 feet above a ground elevation of 2,346 feet above sea
level. You are at 31 degrees, 14.97 minutes north latitude and 100 degrees,
49.09 minutes west longitude.

She rolls her eyes and says, "You must be a Republican!"

"I am," replies the man. "How did you know?"

"Well," answers the balloonist, "everything you tell me is technically
correct, but I have no idea what to do with your information, and I'm still
lost. Frankly, you're not much help to me."

The man smiles and responds, "You must be a Democrat."

"I am, replies the balloonist. "How did you know?"

"Well," says the man, "You don't know where you are or where you're going.
You've risen to where you are due to a large quantity of hot air. You made a
promise that you have no idea how to keep, and now you expect me to solve
your problem. You're in exactly the same position you were in before we met,
but, somehow, now it's my fault."

·
Certifiable BMW Whackjob!
7,292 Posts
is it just me, or does the final tone of the Cadillac Lyriq commercial have the sound of a battery dying?
What's a commercial?

·
Registered
2002 e39 530i
320 Posts
Ordered a few things from FCPeuro and just found out they shipped it USPS. Never before have they shipped even the smallest item to me via snail mail. Now I get to see who's slower, our good 'ole Government mail or fedex.🙃

16001 - 16015 of 16015 Posts