BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
16121 - 16140 of 16180 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
This was a weird one, my halos and blinkers started messing about today. Right side was normal, left side was dead halos but blinker was lit. Let the car sit for a couple minutes and it was normal for a minute then back to broken. Now that I'm back home it's completely normal again :unsure:
Edit: should probably note that this is EU spec car so blinkers are not lit at all unless blinking

·
What Speed Limit?
3,084 Posts
This was a weird one, my halos and blinkers started messing about today. Right side was normal, left side was dead halos but blinker was lit. Let the car sit for a couple minutes and it was normal for a minute then back to broken. Now that I'm back home it's completely normal again :unsure:
Edit: should probably note that this is EU spec car so blinkers are not lit at all unless blinking
Had a similar issue last year. Turned out to be a dying LCM. Didn't want to deal with a used one. So I paid the piper and bought a brand new LCM 4B. Nice to be able to turn off the cold checks so I can use LED bulbs.

Unrelated, I sold the monoballs for $800 asking! Whoo hoo!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Had a similar issue last year. Turned out to be a dying LCM. Didn't want to deal with a used one. So I paid the piper and bought a brand new LCM 4B. Nice to be able to turn off the cold checks so I can use LED bulbs.

Unrelated, I sold the monoballs for $800 asking! Whoo hoo!
I thought so, good thing I got a facelift parts car with one still in it. I think LCM4 is direct bolt on in preface car with LCM3? With some coding.

·
Registered
‘89 325i, ‘98 528i, ‘99 528i, ‘03 325i
535 Posts
Got the old girl put back together this morning. There is definitely a slight difference in the color but it’s tolerable, hopefully better once I wash her. Bumper cover and that right front fender. I don’t think either one of them is genuine BMW and the fender fitment around the headlight isn’t perfect. I’m still waiting on the new bumper trim. Excited to have new driving lights and I also took the opportunity to polish the headlight lenses. My air temp sensor decided to quit working, gotta get back in there and see if I seated the plug/damaged it somehow.

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
Looks good to me!

·
Registered
2002 e39 530i
367 Posts
Defiantly not genuine BMW coming from where you got them but not too bad.

The paint is close enough you could probably buff out the rest of the car to get a better match. Hard to match 20yr old silver.

·
What Speed Limit?
3,084 Posts
Only way you'll ever get perfect matching paint is to redo the whole car lol.

Busy weekend. Swapped out the monoball arms with the Lemforder arms. Didn't really have time to press out the Lemforder thrust arm bushings. So decided "screw it" might as well get some use out of them. I'm sure they'll crap out within a few weeks anyways lol.

Replaced the front wheel bearings in the process too. Little fiddly since I have to drop the knuckle from the strut in order to have enough room to get all four bolts. Left one wasn't too bad. Right side defintely has some subtle wear sound. Hope I got the new bearings on tight enough. Used new bolts from BMW with pre-applied red loctite. Not really enough room to fit a torque wrench in there, so I got them as tight as I could. Made a difference though. Subtle squeaking noise that I heard before is now gone. So most likely the right wheel bearing was the cause.

However I forgot to install the front brake pad sensor lol. Didn't realize it until I drove the car earlier. But I'll have to remove the wheels and get back in there anyways. Damaged both sway bar end link ball joint boots. Eh whatever, at least they are cheap and easy to replace lol.

As for the car, oh god it rides SO MUCH BETTER back on stock rubber. Like I'm in a Rolls Royce compared to before lol. Still need to pick up the rear shock absorbers and install them, then finally get an alignment.

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
A few days ago I finished new front Koni adjustable struts, new rear ball joints, replaced all 4 PS lines (no fun), vacuumed the inside, cleaned and conditioned the seats, then clay barred the complete car.
Taking it in for a 4 wheel alignment this Thursday.

So in the meantime here’s another pic of that screwball from nazifornia.
Font News Event Happy Sharing

·
What Speed Limit?
3,084 Posts
A few days ago I finished new front Koni adjustable struts, new rear ball joints, replaced all 4 PS lines (no fun), vacuumed the inside, cleaned and conditioned the seats, then clay barred the complete car.
Taking it in for a 4 wheel alignment this Thursday.

So in the meantime here’s another pic of that screwball from nazifornia.
View attachment 1066704
How are the new Koni Yellows compared to the old FSD's?

Why did you have to put a damper on my morning with a pic of that hag. Actually I could think of something less colorful to call her and all the other fraud politicians out there. But unfortunately, we don't live in a free country anymore lol.

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
The new Koni’s are good, nice ride. Hard to compare brand new with 14 year old 88K mile FSD’s.
I drove both ways on the same road with them set to soft and then firm. I like the firm best, they weren’t really too stiff.

I called Koni to see if they would rebuild the FSD’s, nope.
The perch is easy to remove, then there is a threaded in top part that you can unscrew with a big pair of ID/OD c-clip pliers. I’ll take them apart to see what the inside construction is like.

·
Registered
E39 525i
61 Posts
Repaired my vapor barrier a few days ago, culprit back door, driver side... you know the story, just a little bit of wet carpet in the corner. Because of the water and mold it damaged the panel wood material thing on the bottom, it's just 1000$ a new door panel so... and of course they don't sell you that part ONLY that was damaged from mold so... I know I can put a good one from junkyard but I don't trust junkyard parts so... put new butyl tape and it did passed the heavy rain test already.

Also, I seen the date stamp on my electric window mechanism, still the original one... still working fine...

Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tire Automotive exterior Bumper

Hand Tire Wheel Automotive tire Alloy wheel

Trunk Automotive tire Bumper Wood Automotive exterior

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
I would find some sort of mold killing coating to spray over it, assuming that it's just on the surface and hasn't softened the material.

·
What Speed Limit?
3,084 Posts
That's definitely in the material. Can see the crack. Good luck finding a decent used one.

I need to replace both my rear ones. Unfortunately being full leather, that's going to be impossible since it's even more rare to find them used in general. And new are almost $2k each!

·
Registered
E39 525i
61 Posts
@bmdubya1198 is cracked already, see picture #3 where the foot/floor light goes in.

@Nfs021 well, mine is just the standard one, however it has the lifestyle edition material cloth on the panel. Also I did studied a little bit how is made, and there are actually 2 parts(I think) glued and the top part there are some sort of rounded clips in that wood material thing which I guess is NOT very easy to replicate in case you want to rebuild them to make a new panel, it probably can be done but it will cost just as much as a new one from BMW.

I will have to rebuild them probably both at some point since I plan to keep the car for life, the other side on the rear as well is cracked already that wood material thing... I did seen the crack without removing the panel. Look how good they look... minus the mold.

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Car seat cover Automotive design

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
That's a really nice interior! We never got that interior in the US.

·
Registered
E39 525i
61 Posts
That's a really nice interior! We never got that interior in the US.
It's pretty rare even here in Europe, you guys in the US have this option as well but only on tourings however they are very rare, we have both in Europe, my car is a sedan. I also have the style 80 wheels which they are dedicated for lifestyle edition too. All the lifestyle edition cars came mostly fully loaded as standard, black interior, black headliner, sport package, sport M suspension, sport seats, sport black trims outside which makes these a little bit unique. Also it's not just the looks, I think that cloth material is more premium than the standard one because it looks like new even after 20 years, the lether as well I think is different, it has no wear and tear, only the driver seat has a little bit of paint little cracks but still... it looks almost new my interior.

16121 - 16140 of 16180 Posts